SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. The event was better run from a spectators point of view, We werent bombarded with Mad Mike and friends every 5 minutes, they kept their pit area antics to a minimum and the announders at least tried to give us times more than once. Their task was made harder by that screaming banshee of a woman talking over them constantly with pit announcements etc. Neccessary but not well timed.

We've all known the aero setup was going to be a contentious issue sooner or later. As long as its safe I dont give a toss who has what on their car. I go to see a spectacle and thats just what I get. Love every minute of it.

Promo girls with some exeptions (royal purple) were the most shagged out bunch of skanky slappers I ever saw. Lift ya game tards.

Regardless of what you think of the outrageous aero the time layed down by Nemo is mind boggling, Cusco had years of prep and a couple of years to lay down a time whe thought could not be beat and along comes this Hideously awesome carbon creation and just smashes it. Amazing!

The berry Newman 32 is the sweetest sounding car on the planet bar none. I have never heard a machine sing like that thing. Given the zero aero on that car its times were more than respectable too, Theres life in the old girl yet.

Caught up with so many old friends and put names to new faces, Too many to mention but I will say a big thank you To Terry for doing me what to him was probably nothing but meant so much to me.

You're a true gentleman mate.

Nap time for old men. Just finished a 10 hour driving stint to get home.

What was the story with the Cyber evo this year?

Did it seem to be a case of C West not having the new aero package working for the chassis or more so mechanical issues?

Motor had wiring issues with new CDI..... Also new turbo setup was unhappy. 30psi yielded 380hp. Leak tested motor and it was also very unhappy.

A full engine transplant occured Friday 1am.... Car arrived at track 4pm Friday. Made about 600hp.

First session saw the aero package dig into the ground (front splitter) when Tarzan got into at turn 4,5,6 , Suspension and Aero package did not account for the extra power.

Suspension adjusted, then second session saw oil around the whole track. Oil return of turbine seemed to be the cause. 4pm Tarzan shook the hands of Warren Luff and CO

Annoyed that Cyber didnt get a lap out and also Annoyed they were so under prepared!

Motor had wiring issues with new CDI..... Also new turbo setup was unhappy. 30psi yielded 380hp. Leak tested motor and it was also very unhappy.

A full engine transplant occured Friday 1am.... Car arrived at track 4pm Friday. Made about 600hp.

First session saw the aero package dig into the ground (front splitter) when Tarzan got into at turn 4,5,6 , Suspension and Aero package did not account for the extra power.

Suspension adjusted, then second session saw oil around the whole track. Oil return of turbine seemed to be the cause. 4pm Tarzan shook the hands of Warren Luff and CO

Annoyed that Cyber didnt get a lap out and also Annoyed they were so under prepared!

More annoyed that the carrot topped tard didnt pull off the line when it spewed oil everywhere.

All this talk of how mich faster the track is, ting to Boz and Luffythwy said .2 seconds a lap, maye .5

Some bits have better exit but new surface i places has leas grip. Conditions on the weekend ( wind alone, not cold temps), meant same car back to back would be the same.

We lost top speed this year, even with more power and 6-speed due to extra aero and possibly the winds, but Aero mostly

Spoke to some pro drivers. They said. Nemo is like a wing car ( openwheeler ) but with bits of an evo body around it. Its top speed is low due to retarded amounts of down force. No braking for turn 1 is mental! Crazy car! I doubt Japanese will return to take it on as it would cost over a million to take them on

post-25386-0-26694000-1344746286_thumb.jpg

Not enough to get their jackets off!

Haha Royal Purple girls are all class!

please oh please someone photoshop a tractor inplace of PJs S13

:P

As long as it's one from the euro tractor pulling comps

The guys at cyber Evo must be shattered. After coming all that way (and supposedly bringing the car out of retirement), really not posting a time, and having the issues that they did. Find it hard to believe that the motor needed to be swapped out early friday morning. Thought it would have had its health checked and double checked prior to the event. Or did something lunch itself in practice? Sounds like the crew were having a shocker.

Nemo certainly is impressive. Whats the estimated Hp of the car? Find it hard to believe it has 900hp and still doesn't have all that much straight line speed. If it has the powers, then the drag must be astronomical. Does anyone know what the plans are for it? Contest internationally?

Did the grp A GTRs actually post times, or just circulate?

lastly - moar pics!

I was there on friday for most of the day, all up around 9 hours & I must say I froze my ass off lol.

Overall I enjoyed it but a couple of things were abit dissapointing.

1 - The commentators would announce the times as soon as the cars crossed the finish line & 80% of the time you couldnt here it over the sound of the cars flying down the straight.

2 - Would have been nice to have some screens up showing the action.

I reckon with aero development that the Hi-Octane R32 could win Open, Berry really knows how to hustle that bad boy.

Dominator Evo could definitely step up to pro very competitive package with Glenney driving.

That RE Amemiya car is very very well presented and Taniguchi is a bit of an Ace, same with Top Fuel.

Tilton car is a f**king weapon, that thing seriously hauls. big improvement from those guys.