SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not just the flares, for the pople who have not seen this car here is an image of it with the diffuser out the back... has more aero than some open cars

post-36356-0-55723700-1344832591_thumb.jpg

don't single Nev out - the rules have been broken in Clubsprint for years, so if you want to be competitive you don't have much choice but to do the same. And there's certianly others there this year with just as much aero and flares... So its not like it a was totally unfair fight.

And it is an awesome time on street rubber!

don't single Nev out - the rules have been broken in Clubsprint for years, so if you want to be competitive you don't have much choice but to do the same. And there's certianly others there this year with just as much aero and flares... So its not like it a was totally unfair fight.

And it is an awesome time on street rubber!

Not singling Nev out at all that comment was directed at the flares, below is my post from 2 pages ago...

Nev first of all I have to say well done on the lap time, it is very impressive lap time for a harder track compound tyre. In my eyes it’s not only the flares being the problem, you had a large alloy rear diffuser hanging out the back a front carbon splitters and canards. But you were not the only one with these mods this year or previous years.

The way most of us read the rules you can’t use these items in clubsprint and this will be enforced a lot next year after what happened if I have anything to do with it. After going over the clubsprint cars we could have thrown around 10+ cars out of the class due to not complying with the rules.

Yea well done nev an awesome drive

The pic of the car looks tough and fast ,thanks GTR32G

Thanks for the compliment regarding the photo - gtr32g didn't take it, just decided to grab it off my website, remove my watermark and post it here. Anyway...

Yep i just croped the photo found from google surch to enlarge the aero as much as possible.

Well done Chris-06R for a great photo :)

Ah well, if I knew Pilot Sport Cup 60 treadwear tyres and fender flares where ok. I would have bolted up some 295 tyres all around.

Epic time set by Nev for sure. I mean that is the same bracket as Russ on soft 295 AO50s...

The boys in the garage next to me had a crate cosworth wrx, brakes, engine the lot. 400kw at the treads.

I would love the Top Gear UK test of, "can it get over a speed bump? If not the time around the track doesn't count."

Ah well, if I knew Pilot Sport Cup 60 treadwear tyres and fender flares where ok. I would have bolted up some 295 tyres all around.

Epic time set by Nev for sure. I mean that is the same bracket as Russ on soft 295 AO50s...

The boys in the garage next to me had a crate cosworth wrx, brakes, engine the lot. 400kw at the treads.

I would love the Top Gear UK test of, "can it get over a speed bump? If not the time around the track doesn't count."

Agreed. If they're meant to be street registered cars in the clubsprint class, they should not be allowed to have as many aero mods or such low ground clearance. Also, reading through the rules last night, it was not clear as to whether cars could have their engines enlarged. I'm sure a number of cars had stroker kits? Also what's with the restrictions against rear mounted sixes? That seems like a blatant no-porsche rule?

First of all, huge congrats to Nev, the thing is a well sorted package. Nev enters that thing in street registed classes all the time in Qld events. Even though this has nothing to do with WTA, in my opinion, It does make a mockery of the intent of the class. Might be a dumb question, what is the point of having club sprint cars registed if cars like Nevs WRX is elligable?

Has anyone got any images of Nemo on a fast lap mid corner, i would love to see the tyre sidewall flex from the load its under.

Anyone know how much tyre pressure you have to run in tyres with cars with so much aero or dose it not effect the tyre in that way?

Well done out there this weekend man! I was cut i was beaten by a Nissan..what made it worse a GTsT!! haha.

More power doesnt mean quicker times lol. I could not keep my car straight!! Was great fun tho!!

I agree with the rules, I had a diffuser (Which broke on teh last turn anyways) but ive always had it there as a rice thing, I don't think it even gains any performance!

Well done out there this weekend man! I was cut i was beaten by a Nissan..what made it worse a GTsT!! haha.

More power doesnt mean quicker times lol. I could not keep my car straight!! Was great fun tho!!

I agree with the rules, I had a diffuser (Which broke on teh last turn anyways) but ive always had it there as a rice thing, I don't think it even gains any performance!

?Uestlove (nice username btw), your Supra sounded epic. Nice car man. How do you find the Supras as track cars compared to other stuff you driven in the past?

Thanks ras. Love it. Best thing about it is reliability. Im running 370rwkw, stock engine, stock cams, GT35r, Sotkc LSD, aftermarket 800cc injectors, bigger fuel pump, and power fc. Ibe had this combo for 3.5 years, has been to the track many times, with out *knocks wood* any major issues (Only one issue WTAC last year, silicon hose kept blowing and this year, APR wing mounts broke). On semis its great, but with street tyres its hard to drive lol. Car turns in really good (Compared to say an EVO) but powering out is where its challenging. The Corner speed is good (Im hitting an indicated 180km at Turn 1 EC on the Street tyres). Its not as "chuckable" as an MX5 of course, but its fun to drive and predictable.

I will hopefully enter next year again