SAU Community

Oil Cooler With Thermostat And Relocation Kit

On 02/01/2012 at 7:23 PM, Risking said:

Your a fool.........

I recently blew my engine up and had the oil cooler plumbed up pre filter. It died a long slow death as I drove it with a bearing knock for several hours.

Bearing material, engine crud, gouged crankshaft etc etc has been pumped into my oil cooler core as it chuged along.

I've now pulled that engine out and being a smart person not reused the cooler on my new engine.

Being a slack arse I sold the oil cooler to you. Being a tight arse you thought you'd flush it and wack it onto your car.

Ask ANY one who has ever cut open a "flushed" oil cooler if it was clean and they will tell you "Not even close"

Now you've spent 10-20k on a built engine and my old crid that you thought was flushed slowly but surely becomes dislodged during high pressure and flow oil traveling through the cooler. Guess where it's headed.....

Maybe into your filter. Maybe the filter will be torn by the bearning material alowing more material to get through the filter......

By by engine because you were too tight to buy a cheap $100 cooler ($3-400 for a quality one)

Smart man used a new oil cooler not a second hand one....

Found this while researching..So you sold him an oil cooler which you knew was fkt and full of crud from your engine failure? If so, piece of sh1t move there. Even if you told him - you knew it was fked as you said above, and you'd happily fk him for a few dollars? dick move.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/25/2022 at 1:47 AM, hardsteppa said:

Found this while researching..So you sold him an oil cooler which you knew was fkt and full of crud from your engine failure? If so, piece of sh1t move there. Even if you told him - you knew it was fked as you said above, and you'd happily fk him for a few dollars? dick move.

You could clean out an oil cooler after failure, it just costs a lot more than you'd expect and it's not worth it for anything that you can easily buy new.