SAU Community

Classics Chat Thread

V8skylineMAN

Righto, seeing as its now the second of Jan 2012, and there hasnt been a single post in here, I thought I might try this.

The first page will be used for ideas for a name for this thread, i will post a poll once the page is filled with all ideas for names.

while I'm here anyway, how was everyones Christmas/NYE?

Cheers

Jason

I like classics chat thread, theres been a few times ive wanted to post something but its not important enough for a thread, so this is good.

Christmas and NYE was goood hey, took Delivery of my coupe so that was good.

Also Jason do you have facebook?

I have created a C210 Series Skyline Owners Group on facebook and i would like to know if everyone could join it.

Coupe720001 cant remember his name, does he have facebook?

Looking forward to more contact between us all

dont have xmas holidays, sucks.

does anyone else think the whole NYE is abit overated?

picked up 9, yes 9 R30 Ti/late dr30 wheels today. did well

This is the first time ever that i have had paid time off. and yeah NYE is over rated, I was in bed by 930-10 oclock.

9 is a good score!

hey Socs, soon i'll create my own FB account as my wife ain't so keen on the posts not so related to her. Anyway, I've been a bit quiet with my posting probably because for a while the C210 scene died off, and I haven't been doing much with mine although tomorrow I'm doing a dummy fit of the air dam. I'll take a pic and post it up.

As for thread names, how about or along the lines of " CHILDREN OF THE SUN" dat-sun did mean son of dat or SUN WORSHIP. Just puttin it out there. I really hope that one day many C210's will make it to these Skyline events. That's the only thing that's going to motivate me to cross the wasteland, going to a show to see multiple R32-R35's don't really excite me, I want too hear that many old school are going to make the pilgramage. It's satisfying to know that two more coupes are on the prowl and it will be good to see your coupe progress Socs, shame yours is so pristine Jason, could you possibly take it out and loose it on a gravel road just so we can see and hear about the rebuild.

Talk soon, chow

Christmas is about the kids and putting up with your in laws for a day. Wish i was a kid on that day.

Christmas is slightly better for me because my birthday is Christmas eve.

Classic Japanese show is probably our best bet as far as show events goes. No one is going to drive interstate to look at 12 old datsuns.......

NYE was awesome for me!

Started work at 1300 to shuttle 2000+ to Glebe Island for the concert, sat on my butt from 2030 ~ 0000, watched the best ever fireworks display from a vantage point at Glebe Island, higher than the plebs that paid between $150 & 1500.00 a ticket and then shuttled them back to Central station and got paid for it all.

Got some half decent pics of fireworks shot at f8 at about half a second and about 100mm zoom except for some power poles that got in the way.

Not a bad score on them wheels boys, what sort of plans you got for them?

Cheers, D

Yer, i worked Xmas and new years. Need to make money to pay for these old girls :P

Probably not doing much work on mine till Feb, besides reinstalling the dash.

This thread is a nice idea. i like passin ewe name idea tho new comers mite not get it.

Brad

I would probably stick with 15x8-9 if I were to go aftermarket wheels, I think all the 16s ended up as skid wheels on silvias, lol

In other news: Today i bought some new plates for the green car...."MYC210"

I hope to soon, i take it your like me and want to see if they will fit frist lol.

No! I know they fit, about +38 offset is the go.

I have a pair of 245/45 x 16 Yokohama A008 RSII's up for grabs. They are past their use by date and side walls are a bit hard, but I figure they would make good burnout tyres or maybe road tyres. They are new.

D

I don't think it's the look so much as the fact that the general populous of our fair nation don't expect to see the pre 1980 Japanese cars still being driven and therefore they create more interest. I know I still get my share of looks when I'm out for a cruise in mine.

Having said that, I ogle over a couple of very nice old girls that I often encounter on the M5 when on my way to work. One is a Bellet GT, and the other is an RT50 Corona coupe.

D