SAU Community

Classics Chat Thread

V8skylineMAN

R&p is a much more direct connection between wheels and steeringwheel, and you can achieve a higher ratio when turning from lock to lock,( quicker rack)

That's why they make hand brakes Jason, it is nearly possible to pivot around the front axle, so why yo want quicker than that?:rofl2:

Unfortunately it's how it is and I bet if it was your car commanding $10-15000.00 and it was going offshore, you really wouldn't care if it stayed in Oz. As I said in another thread my cars if I still have em when I die will have to get a home because my kids don't give a stuff about them. My daughter says she wants one of them, but her attitude towards her own car (Mazda SP23) tells a diferent story to me.

Cheers, D

i dont think i will sell my car at all, but your right its hard to know what others will do with it down the track.

If 4 doors cost less i would build one into a drag car, so i would be no better then the people shippping them overseas.

Brad

Any of the Classic fellows wanting to come along to the Forum Battle??

It's part of the ARC Round @ Calder in March.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/387545-sau-forum-battle-come-one-come-all/

I believe Gerry is interested in coming and no doubt be walking away with trophies/prizes again (they have over $11,000 in prizes etc) :D

Have a good smattering of R35-R32 but lacking a little in older models a tad.

SAU is also covering 50% of the entry fee... Which also automatically gives you a 3-day pass to check out the rest of the ARC Round awesomeness which will be pretty cool and quite unique.

Will have to finalise everything end of this coming week... So ye, leave it with you fellows!

:cheers:

id enter my car ? tell me more about what id need to be doing? pm me if you like? its pretty simple to figure though these old cars will get smoked by newer model things so im not sure what the point is?

I do believe there is a year class(es), spanning over 30 years or something.

They did post something on their website about it... But for the life of me I cannot find it at the moment :rant:

I will send them an email and find out on the classification.

Although not more-so individual cars, SAU sorta big picture - want to take out the event. We have the calibre of cars to do it and trying to get 2-3 of each model/make or at least a very good span.

We are limited to 20 spots so that'll work out quite nicely and 2x DR30 = sensational!

All you'd need to do would be bring it down on the Sunday, show it in the SAU Display. We will have a marquee, Red Bus Racing will have their bus/car there so it'll look awesome.

Only thing "SAU" wants in return for covering 50% of costs, it a SAU sticker across the rear windscreen really.

Of course entering gives you a 3-day pass so you can checkout the entire ARC round as it's a fully blown ARC Tarmac thing with everything from new Lambo's of the White's, to the really old cool stuff.

The older classics turn heads just as good as well as modded race cars. As it's a Tarmac Rally thing i'd also expect the age group of those in attendance to be much older. Hell some of the guys racing will be well into their 50s

Basically just do this if you have a spare few mins, just need some rough info.

How do I enter?

Send an email with the following information to: [email protected]

1. Which class(es) you would like to enter

2. Some pictures & detail about your car

3. Ensure you have read the regulations

Not everyone will be allowed to enter due to the limited numbers, if you entry is approved it will appear here in this Official Thread. Obviously we are looking to win, or at the least place very well. We must select the best and hope you all support the call that needs to be made.

I'm probably going to get banned from this forum by our almighty god Ash, aka R31Nismoid, but that is how it is if it is ................... but!

Show n Shine : 20 cars per forum with each forum given an area within the Rally Calder Service Park precinct to “make their own”. A panel of judges will award points to the best presented individual cars and car forum as a whole – so get those creative juices flowing in terms of your areas!

The above is all the information on the Forum Battle web site. It is my guess that there is NO INDIVIDUAL prizes, but a group prize, but the cars will be judged individually and collectively the points will be awarded to the forum with the highest aggregate point score. I might be wrong, but this is how I read it.

I also think this is an SAU VIC show, not national and Ash's involvement and aspirations of winning has more to do with him being able to throw his chest out and beat it whilst saying I DO! I DO! I DO! etc, etc, etc.

I find the simple fact that it is Ash that is making this request to us "CLASSIC" owners, when for his own ASHNATS 2011 he didn't give 2 sh!ts about classics and proved it with his collective class for everything pre 1989 or thereabouts, yet individual classes for everything else including NON SKYLINE vehicles. eg. Silvia's, Zed's etc in the so called SKYLINE NATIONALS he was promoting, but now he wants us to help his ego???

It doesn't matter to me because I wont be here, I'll be touring the apple isle when this event is being held, but even if I was I wouldn't enter anything the god almighty has anything to do with.

Cheers, D