SAU Community

Classics Chat Thread

V8skylineMAN

I GOT AN ISSUE WITH TASMANIAN CARS? ............................ They can't stay on there own side of the road & their indicators DON'T work???

I don't know if it's tourists ummmm terrorists, driving hire cars, or Tasmanians driving their own cars, but they just don't know what the centre lines are???

On blind corners they come around on wrong side of road crossing double lines, often towing a caravan, boat, or trailer, even on straight roads they wander across double lines, it's insanity running amuk???

I followed a boat being towed behind an F100 ute today and it just stopped in the middle of the road & turned right without indicators???

Are indicators on these cars for decoration and having them work is optional, or is it that the driver's are just plain SH!T???

Cheers, D in sunny Hobart Tasmania

PS ............................. I have a camera mounted to my windscreen so I have proof of what I say

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i dont know if this is the right place but i guess i can start from here and i will get sent in the right direction later. I'm new to these cars and i have been told to come on here and ask a few questions before giving the guy an answer. A mate of my dads has 2 white HR30 skyline coupes & 1 purple DR30 skyline coupe & he has offered them to me if i want them so i'm asking if they are worth having. Apparently dads mate has been banned from here because of a complaint made by another member after he had a go at him. I think its funny because the person he had a go at sounds like a would be if he could be and has a similar car that he still owes money to the guy on and he was in line to get just about anything he wanted but he just kept pissing him off and now i have been offered everything because he is going 4wdriving & fishing for kicks.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me

Dennis hasn't been banned, if thats who you are referring to.

Those cars are immaculate(if it is dennis) and i would not recommend getting any of them unless you are an enthusiast and plan on keeping and treating them as such.

if you want something to thrash around, grab an aussie r31. cheap and easy to get parts for, and they go alright with basic mods.

DR30s are becoming rare, and parts are getting harder to get parts for.

If this hasn't turned you off, i say go for it! (and say Hi, to Dennis for me)

cheers

Jason

Ummmm YES I HAVE Jason?

Yep Hi All, just thought I would drop in and confirm the rumours and stories that I have been banned from SAU because of a crack I had at **Censored** and he didn't like seeing the truth on the forum so he complained to Prank, the owner of the forum and I got subsequently banned and haven't been able to log on to SAU for nearly a month.

And yes! I have offered the cars to Kieran, FREE if need be, or maybe I should just send them off to SIMS and collect the $200+/tonne for scrap, I'm sure they would fetch a grand or so. No concrete decisions have been made yet, but I can say I'm eyeing off an Off Road Camper Trailer and I just bought a new fishing rod, so that's looking a whole lot more interesting than everything else I have seen lately.

It was fun at times but all is fair in love and war they say, but not for **Censored** huh? Ummm where have I heard something like that before???

I just sent off a burst to the boss man under this pseudonym, so I can only guess this name will be blocked soon too.

Cheers for now,

Ghostrider at large

Edited by PranK
Requested name removal

Sorry Dennis, I wasn't aware of that, and nothing on my side shows you as banned.

My info says you are still active. It's a shame to see it go the way it has, if nothing else, enjoy the camping mate.

It been a bumpy ride at times, but a ride nonetheless. Seeya

Cheers

Jason