SAU Community

Classics Chat Thread

V8skylineMAN

Looks like you were last active yesterday Dennis (using Ghostrider account), after you made this last post, so I'm assuming its all ok?

Ummmm YES I HAVE Jason?

Yep Hi All, just thought I would drop in and confirm the rumours and stories that I have been banned from SAU because of a crack I had at **Censored** and he didn't like seeing the truth on the forum so he complained to Prank, the owner of the forum and I got subsequently banned and haven't been able to log on to SAU for nearly a month.

And yes! I have offered the cars to Kieran, FREE if need be, or maybe I should just send them off to SIMS and collect the $200+/tonne for scrap, I'm sure they would fetch a grand or so. No concrete decisions have been made yet, but I can say I'm eyeing off an Off Road Camper Trailer and I just bought a new fishing rod, so that's looking a whole lot more interesting than everything else I have seen lately.

It was fun at times but all is fair in love and war they say, but not for **Censored** huh? Ummm where have I heard something like that before???

I just sent off a burst to the boss man under this pseudonym, so I can only guess this name will be blocked soon too.

Cheers for now,

Ghostrider at large

And, seriously? You have issues logging in and you have another little outburst when I've done nothing against you?

This is getting old and tiring Dennis.

Yes it is now thank you.

Ash reset the password & I had to change it so it works again, but seriously something was amiss because I have been in the wilderness since 27/28 March.

Prank, check your PM's please.

Factory 5 .............. I don't know that I want to know you anymore.

The regulars on this forum will atest to the fact that you have been trying to source DR30 front struts so that you would have 100mm caliper mounts since you first appeared on the forum and knew they were just a bolt on interchangeable thing, yet when they were made available to you they were to expensive, or some other lame ass reason you couldn't use them. AND that's just one of an ever so increasing list of acquirements you continually seek. What you don't say is "you want everything for FREE" and that just don't cut it with me anymore, particularly when you're likely to just sell everything off after you get it.

I should have just gas axed the thing and parted it out.

I did the Fujimi tricked 240k sedan, it was an early attempt at model building and painting and I made a horrible mess of it.

Very cool-looking model until I touched it though.

There's a model building thread on the Japanese Nostalgic car forum. Those guys are freaks how good they can get a plastic model to look. Freaks, I tell you! They can get the paint and chrome looking better than on my actual car. (S'pose that's not a huge achievement actually.)

The best modelling achievment I have ever seen was of a 32 Ford Woody and I swear, if I din't see it as a model, it would look just like the real deal.

Try building a plastic model to look like it's a bomb rusting away in a paddock somewhere, because that's what was achieved.

Exceptional, to say the least.

The best modelling achievment I have ever seen was of a 32 Ford Woody and I swear, if I din't see it as a model, it would look just like the real deal.

Try building a plastic model to look like it's a bomb rusting away in a paddock somewhere, because that's what was achieved.

Exceptional, to say the least.

like this?(i know its not a 32 ford)

403.jpg

Yeah! A bit similar, but for the model I saw had no tyres, just steel bead bands and a front guard was bent. God only knows how it was done, but it looked terrific. Beat the crap out of anything I have ever done.

I'm in the process of building 1/24th #15 & #30 PJR DR30's and if I have enough decals I'll build a #30 in original livery.

Should we throw down the model builders challenge? 60 days to buy, build and paint a classic skyline.

The coolest-looking model selected by forum member vote, all bragging rights to the winner.

60 days? I already have some of the models and that just aint enough time for me with 2 cars to prep for September CSA Nationals. Sorry, not this time, but maybe after September.

Great idea though, maybe we should have a modeller's section in SAU generally?