SAU Community

Classics Chat Thread

V8skylineMAN

are these a Rare car??

: 0

You found a mint 240k and are asking if it's rare?

Yes. Due to very high overseas demand, especially for the sedan, it is now a rare and increasingly pricey car to get hold of in Australia.

Not that this is likely to be your number one concern, but the RB conversion is likely to sink the value of the car compared to leaving it as a tweaked L.

There are plenty of brake and suspension mods (search here, classic z cars, ozdat), but again, don't expect to see much of a return for your money.

As a tip I'd shelve any original parts you remove from the car. I've recently been buying back stock parts that I let go years ago, and it sucks a bit!

Get some photos up, and good luck with it!

: 0

You found a mint 240k and are asking if it's rare?

Yes. Due to very high overseas demand, especially for the sedan, it is now a rare and increasingly pricey car to get hold of in Australia.

Not that this is likely to be your number one concern, but the RB conversion is likely to sink the value of the car compared to leaving it as a tweaked L.

There are plenty of brake and suspension mods (search here, classic z cars, ozdat), but again, don't expect to see much of a return for your money.

As a tip I'd shelve any original parts you remove from the car. I've recently been buying back stock parts that I let go years ago, and it sucks a bit!

Get some photos up, and good luck with it!

thank you for the reply.

the rb should go in with very little modification if not ill leave the l28 in it and throw a turbo on it.

value of 5-10K?

If the car is immaculate, stock down to the wheels, AM radio, no speaker holes cut in it, and an L engine of some type, and still the original colour you should see 10, with the car bound to end up in a shipping container for Saudi-Kuwatia via the UAE.

If you convert to RB, mag wheels, CD player in the console etc expect to maybe see 5, with an Australian buyer...

The exception to all this is if you go so completely over the top and end up with something exceptional like the kid K RB 240K (the black one):

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread34457-9.html

but by then of course you'll have spent way more than 10 anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It seems like we have a lot of talented people when it comes to fabrication in this section just thought we could get some of the research and development people are doing in one place to share some of the data,

Things I'm working on at the moment

• Tie rod adaptors to run s13 tie rods with the s13 coil over conversion into a R30
  • Drive shaft/ CV upgrade for a R30 running a R200 long nose

What else are others upto?

• 3 months later...

Hi...i have a simple question for you guys i hope you can help me...how many wires does a L20et TPS have? mine has 2 wires but I found the original L20ET wiring diagram and it shows me 3 wires, the 2 wires are wired correctly to the ECU which is pin 25 & 18 the other is 20 but it doesn't go the the ECU it goes to some other jack, can't figure out what jack though, because the diagram is in Japanese.

Can anyone translate the diagram for me? I will send it to whoever can. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy all I'm new to here and skylines in general coming from a pulsar back ground my collection includes three c110 coupes (2x76's and a 75) I sold a rusted out c110 sedan to someone in Kuwait for $800 and two hours later a i had a new one in the garage. Then my track KEN13 87 Exa, OPT20 EF Falcon and lastly my 09 Jazz :P