SAU Community

Nissan Skyline R34 Gtr Z- Tune For Sale

Anyone know if this is still for sale?

Definition of Group Buy here means...

365 SAUers contribute $2,740 each > 1 day per year car-share!

Because I'm #1, on leap years, I get to drive it for 2 days :whistling:

Or SAU opens a museum and this is exhibit #1.

• 4 months later...

If you can do that , i guess you would be the first to drive it.

Im sure if you catch me somewhere with the car id take you for a spin anytime Terry

• 8 months later...

This thread is pretty old but I still thought I'd input. The first Z-tune to be brought into Australia was brought in about 6ish years ago. The owner went directly to Nismo Japan to purchase it (was imported by Powerplay imports in NSW) and only paid around $275,000 AUD for it brand new at the time (a steal if you ask me). The car was then sold onto a chap in Greece and exported some time later for a mere profit of around 45k. I say 'mere' because the few z-tunes that have popped up recently have had asking prices much higher than this....

On another note, to the person who was asking if there were only 30 z-tunes built, and to answer the rumours that production stopped at no.18, this is in fact incorrect. There were 20 Z-tunes made to commemorate the 20th Anniverasry of Nismo - makes sense if you think about it hey?!!

Also, I once asked the owner why he sold it. I could not understand his mentalty because to me, the z-tune was and still is the pinnacle of performance street cars - something you buy and never sell, at least not for a very long time. This is what he replied. Sit down before you read any further.....

"IT WAS JUST TOO SLOW!!" :O :O :O :O

I know, crazy right? I didn't believe him either, especially having sat in it when he put his foot down. But he eventually became disenchanted with the laginess of a turbocharged 2.8, and also doubtful of the performance claims from Nismo. He ended up contacting the boys at Nismo and asking them to send down their official documentation of the car's performance haha (to be perfectly fair though the 2013 GTR does 0-100 kmh in a claimed 2.8 sec while the Z-tune did it in what is by today's standards a more 'lackluster' 3.8 sec) . I guess that's what happens when you're an ex-GT race driver with a garage full of million dollar exotics :I

Just because we'd give body parts doesn't mean everyone would.

I don't know the guy from a bar of soap but it would appear he didn't have the passion for the car that many of us would/do.

This is true. I think his passion was more for performance and let's face it, on the world stage competing with cars that are 5 times the price, have double the power, and more impressive performance figures, the z-tune just doesn't cut it. There was a tonne of hype about the car preceeding its release and maybe some of it was a bit far-fetched. Don't get me wrong, I am obsessed with this car (I still remember patiently waiting for the issue of Autosalon in 2007 which featured the Z-tune on the front to be released!!) but I think the only people who will really appreciate it are people like us, GTR nuts who know the dedication taken to build each one by hand, that it is at the top it's game and that it is at the top of the Japanese performance tree.

yeah u guys are right... :yes:

its more than just pure performance and power.. its the appreciation of the dedication of building the Z tune. The japanese styling etc... the legend

Its not that fast guys... :\

thats what we're saying man... its not about it being the fastest car...but the effort, dedication that was put in.... the looks and styling.

if it was just fast, there's the veyron, CCXR etc

Edited by C4a0s

But according to the official figures it does a flat 10 1/4 mile :rolleyes:

Still a very desirable car, but probably not really worth the original hype. BTW, has anyone got any 'real' performance figures for the Z-tune?

^^ Not a chance. The car is now in storage and I highly doubt it will see the light of day unless someone shows interest in purchasing it.

I thought it got sold. Finally there's still some hope for me to own #001. *dreaming*

^^ Not a chance. The car is now in storage and I highly doubt it will see the light of day unless someone shows interest in purchasing it.

that sucks... this car was meant to be admired and run

So glad to see it before it goes to a collector that will store it away from the public eye! It really is a work of art! Bobby has kept it immaculate!

This thread is pretty old but I still thought I'd input. The first Z-tune to be brought into Australia was brought in about 6ish years ago. The owner went directly to Nismo Japan to purchase it (was imported by Powerplay imports in NSW) and only paid around $275,000 AUD for it brand new at the time (a steal if you ask me). The car was then sold onto a chap in Greece and exported some time later for a mere profit of around 45k. I say 'mere' because the few z-tunes that have popped up recently have had asking prices much higher than this....

On another note, to the person who was asking if there were only 30 z-tunes built, and to answer the rumours that production stopped at no.18, this is in fact incorrect. There were 20 Z-tunes made to commemorate the 20th Anniverasry of Nismo - makes sense if you think about it hey?!!

Hmm interesting I know the owners of number 16 number 3 and number 12.

I will have to email Nismo and ask them the facts about building "20".

Why would Powerplay import a Z-tune with two hand brakes??? have a look at the number 14 that came to Australia plus this car was a private car sent in to become a z-tune. Number from 1-12 are all nismo selected. So this will add value to the car.

Also, I once asked the owner why he sold it. I could not understand his mentalty because to me, the z-tune was and still is the pinnacle of performance street cars - something you buy and never sell, at least not for a very long time. This is what he replied. Sit down before you read any further.....

"IT WAS JUST TOO SLOW!!" :O :O :O :O

I know, crazy right? I didn't believe him either, especially having sat in it when he put his foot down. But he eventually became disenchanted with the laginess of a turbocharged 2.8, and also doubtful of the performance claims from Nismo. He ended up contacting the boys at Nismo and asking them to send down their official documentation of the car's performance haha (to be perfectly fair though the 2013 GTR does 0-100 kmh in a claimed 2.8 sec while the Z-tune did it in what is by today's standards a more 'lackluster' 3.8 sec) . I guess that's what happens when you're an ex-GT race driver with a garage full of million dollar exotics :I

It was a shame they modified the whole car and installed the huge sound system into the car in my opinion that car really wont keep its value.

Laggy????? I don't know any Gtr with twin turbo to come on full boost by 3700 rpm !!!

This is true. I think his passion was more for performance and let's face it, on the world stage competing with cars that are 5 times the price, have double the power, and more impressive performance figures, the z-tune just doesn't cut it. There was a tonne of hype about the car preceeding its release and maybe some of it was a bit far-fetched. Don't get me wrong, I am obsessed with this car (I still remember patiently waiting for the issue of Autosalon in 2007 which featured the Z-tune on the front to be released!!) but I think the only people who will really appreciate it are people like us, GTR nuts who know the dedication taken to build each one by hand, that it is at the top it's game and that it is at the top of the Japanese performance tree.

Z-tune is the most epic car built by japan.

All I can say this car does not drive like any gtr out there from factory! The way it handles the torque its amazing