SAU Community

Stock Rb26 + -9S + E85

usmair

changing gears easier would save you 5k

cost benefit ratio for you being nicer to your car is very high, and would allow you to be quicker at the strip.... as you would get to the end

lol

:worship:

cheers man , is there anything gtr bolt on between -5 and -10 ?

Garrett USA , don't want to cut his lunch but ( Gav in WA ) has just ordered/got a set off garrett @ Sema to replace his -5's, they are slightly bigger but not -10's

+1 to the OP, the same guy above has smashed a couple of OS boxes and was told by OS the centre plate would stop that from happening, could be $1000 well spent..

• 1 month later...

4th no. 5th that's up to you. I kept the OEM 5th for highway cruising. The OS 5th is shorter than OEM. If the gears themselves are fine then reuse them.

Is it a Series 3 gearbox? If not you will need those parts. There is a list of those parts on SAU somewhere.

award diff just quoted me $2600 including labour

this is for their overhaul kit and replacing the various sleeves, bushings, hubs, bearings etc etc to bring it up to s3 gearbox

but they said that is the absolute maximum that would be charged

if anything is not needed then the price will come down accordingly

realisticly im thinking around $2400ish as my box is already out and she said some of the parts as usually not required but they dont like giving nasty surprises at the end so they quote the maximum at the start

so total box price is $3100 + $2400

hefty!

lol too late now... OS gearset is sitting on my bed so might as well use it

Tricstar can you PM me how much Competition Gearbox has charged you? only thing is they are in QLD and Award is pretty much a drive in drive out service (which I like alot)

Not really the same, they require maintenance so you gotta constantly pull them out and inspect them/service. Any signs of wear, replace the part or risk it failing.

O/S box is really a build and forget situation. Plus for a daily/street car, dog box... yuk.

• 2 weeks later...