SAU Community

Stock Rb26 + -9S + E85

usmair

so the box is all done and running schmick!

only prob now is my water pump has decided to start leaking!

so now we gotta pull that apart and change it.. but while I'm at it im going to change the timing belt and flush the cooling system aswell!

can any one recommend a good water pump and timing belt??

the oil, oil filter, plugs, coilpacks and gearbox related oils have already been done so I cant really think of anything else I should do while the front is apart

i think you'll find that the N1 pumps are ok for street duties, just the temps will be a bit higher than OEM ones - but they don't like idling/real low speed stuff though IMO - probably best to go OEM unless it lives at the track

It's a road car right? It doesnt flow as well as the standard one at 'normal' RPM. Bigger aint always better!

Are they geared differently or not? Different size outlet? What has changed? Why is it better? Why is it worse?

Might explain why it is better for street or track if someone has the figures.

Edited by Rolls

i think you'll find that the N1 pumps are ok for street duties, just the temps will be a bit higher than OEM ones - but they don't like idling/real low speed stuff though IMO - probably best to go OEM unless it lives at the track

Car sits comfortably in peak hour traffic in Sydney at 79-81 degrees in all weather conditions

I also have an upgraded radiator if that makes a difference

Genuine Nissan pump/timing belt/idler and tensioner

Agree, can't go wrong

Also an N1 water pump has different sized blades and less/more of them.. Can't remember which one

I'm sure google will tell you the story if u look

Are they geared differently or not? Different size outlet? What has changed? Why is it better? Why is it worse?

Might explain why it is better for street or track if someone has the figures.

the impeller inside is designed for reduced cavitation at high rpm, which results in lower flow at low rpm

gen stock has 8 small fins/blades where the N1 has 6 bigger fins/blades with a plate closing the back to help stop cavitation,having both in hand I can't see how the stock one flows more.

I wonder how many people with an issue have put on a big thick radiator, which is not a good idea on any skyline, or a non genuine pump