SAU Community

Stock Rb26 + -9S + E85

usmair

Jez I'm heading down to canberra for work for a fortnight but will be back in Sydney on Sep 16.. You wanna give me a run on your dyno on the 22nd?

I'm keen to know why my mph isn't upto scratch

ah ok np

only back for 2 weeks or so though... then off on my USA holiday :D so might have to will till November

I do have data logging through the haltech

i guess next time I can hook up a laptop and do some logging to see what is actually happening

the car did behave strange yesterday.... it keep stalling on me (its always had idle issue from the day I bought it)

def has a low 11 in though... the 11.7 run i did hit limit in both 2nd and 3rd so not doing that will shave .1 or .2 off the time

and hopefully 1.6 ft next will get me the low 11 which I was aiming at... (10secs was always a dream lol)... even got told by the tuner that it will be a low 11sec car

still keen on seeing this thing on another dyno to see some comparative numbers

Good work man gotta remember it was your first time at drags. Once u put it on Jez Dino pm your results plz I wanna look into water meth aswell got -9s like u. Mph should be higher tho. I ran a 12.1 with 320 kw but stock suspension and stock 220 no name brand tires. And that was 118 mph.

But good work. Your times can only get better now.

meh... i'm starting to get over chasing numbers now

have spent waaayyy too much money on it

it is what it is... I'm not going to forkout another couple of K to fix any potential gremlins hiding under the bonnet

will run it on Jez dyno when I have time... If its reading low and its not a quick fix its staying as it is

• 6 months later...

Just an update on mine...

when I took it to the strip and ran 11.7 it had a pretty big boost leak

this was confirmed when I took it Unigroup's dyno day and I make 315kw (on a hot day). Yavuz said on a cool day it would make around 330kw. He also confirmed that there was definitely a boost leak somewhere as we could hear a loud screech.

I put on hard pipe kit on hoping it would resolve the leak (did it myself) but there is still a leak. I took it to PowerTune on saturday to see if it made a difference.

We did 3 power runs... all three made 332-335kw (this was the same dyno that gave me the 370kw reading). so i think the unigroup vs powertune numbers are comparable.

There is a big screech and a boost leak. the dyno shows boost dropping from 24 to 22psi.

I've left the car with PowerTune and they will fix the leak hopefully this week.

Then its back to WSID!!

Just an update on mine...

when I took it to the strip and ran 11.7 it had a pretty big boost leak

this was confirmed when I took it Unigroup's dyno day and I make 315kw (on a hot day). Yavuz said on a cool day it would make around 330kw. He also confirmed that there was definitely a boost leak somewhere as we could hear a loud screech.

I put on hard pipe kit on hoping it would resolve the leak (did it myself) but there is still a leak. I took it to PowerTune on saturday to see if it made a difference.

We did 3 power runs... all three made 332-335kw (this was the same dyno that gave me the 370kw reading). so i think the unigroup vs powertune numbers are comparable.

There is a big screech and a boost leak. the dyno shows boost dropping from 24 to 22psi.

I've left the car with PowerTune and they will fix the leak hopefully this week.

Then its back to WSID!!

sound like intake gaskets, time for some metal ones.

Just got a call from Chea

it was the dodgy second hand blitzs blow off valves that were leaking!!!

they have blocked em off and i should get an update shortly.

std for the win.