SAU Community

Putting On A Series 2 Front Bumper

Nights

Ok, I recently went to nissan and bought all the stuff to put on a R33 series 2 front bumper correctly.

Got everything but a SPACER-BMPR,LH, p/n: NI-62095-24U00

They said it was coming from Japan, 4 weeks turned to 8 weeks, and now they cant find it in store.

Does anyone know what it is? Im guessing theres a RH and LH one, and it spaces the bumper from the car body around the sides. I can probably fabricate something myself, im guessing its not fancy, it was $3. But i need details before i do that.

Also if someone has a series 2 front bumper expanded view that would be EXTREMELY appreciated. I have looked everywhere, even in my nissan manual that i bought but its only got series 1. Im just doing guesswork atm.

Any help would be appreciated!

O.K so are you going from a series 1 bumper to a series 2 bumper?

If so you will need:

• The Series 2 Front bumper
  • The Series 2 REO bar (reinforcement bar that the bumper clips/bolts onto)
  • Series 2 headlights
  • Series 2 bonnet (The series 1 bonnet does fit but doesnt look good
  • Series 2 Grille

This is what it looks like with the series 1 bonnet and series 2 everything else:

image069.jpg

As for the spacer.... Well I dunno, that could be a bit of foam that I know some other car manufacturers use just to take up space between the metal work and the bumper (My girlfriends old astra had this) But I dont think This is on the series 2...... Perhaps the white clip that holds the bumper on and in position? Did you get a price on it?

If I'm completely off track then disregard All I have said :) lol

Hi,

Nah its a series 2 car already, i took off the bumper and stuff to clean up in the inside and change a few things. I noticed that it was missing clips and stuff, obviously the previous owner had taken it off and didnt put it on correctly.

Yeah im guessing its something around the side that spaces the bumper a bit? Theres a small gap between the grill and the bumper, this extends to the lights but around the side it disappears. Maybe the spacers keep it uniform there.

That being said i just asked for them to give me all the parts for it, they mighta given extra stuff not used. I do still have a few parts i have no idea where they go.

I think ill just ask them to order the LH and RH side again and see how it goes. Atm it looks ok anyway.

Also whats the difference between the series 1 and 2 bonnet?

Oh really?

Ynow, looking at your pic, and seeing your description, i think i have a series 1 bonnet as well!

I knew something was up, and when i saw your pic mine looked very similar.

Series 2 bonnets seem to have more pronounced ridges too it seems.

Ive attached a pic of mine without the grill in, can you confirm for me? Looks series 1 to me.

post-60878-0-08841800-1326511840_thumb.jpg

I have recently been down this path converting a Series 1.5 to a Series II.

There are white plastic clips that sit on top of the front reo that the front bar locates into that are probably the clips that you are talking about. These space the bar in the right place and also provide a rub point between them to stop the front bar from rubbing the paint off the reo and creating rust spots.

Here is a picture of them circled in red.

post-24210-0-41694300-1326970573_thumb.jpg

I have recently been down this path converting a Series 1.5 to a Series II.

There are white plastic clips that sit on top of the front reo that the front bar locates into that are probably the clips that you are talking about. These space the bar in the right place and also provide a rub point between them to stop the front bar from rubbing the paint off the reo and creating rust spots.

Here is a picture of them circled in red.

post-24210-0-41694300-1326970573_thumb.jpg

Is that a brand new reo? If so do you mind telling me how much it was?

Hi victory,

Thanks for the feedback. Yep I've got those clips, they came with the bunch of stuff I got. I don't think they are the spacers the sheet is referring to though.

I've asked Nissan to order some more in so when I get them I'll update you guys