SAU Community

R32 Gtr Stock Injectors/fuel Pump - How Much Power Can They Flow?

91BNR32

Hi guys, just a pretty simple one I'm hoping a few people will know. How much do the R32 GTR standard Injectors & fuel pump flow? give or take.

Read up that they both easily will do 250rwkw, and then also read up that they can push 300rwkw without having to upgrade. Your thoughts?

Injectors, not a lot more than 250rwkW on standard pressure. Maybe you can stretch to closer to 300 with some extra pressure. Not so sure about the fuel pump - but it's fair to say that if it is standard and the original one the car came with, it would be wise to replace it if you want to push past 250rwkW, especially if you try with higher pressure (which will cost flow off teh top of the pump's capacity). cheers

Stock injectors/cleaned/working right - with a NEW pump - 280-300rwkw. They can do up to 330-340rwkw with a minor bump in rail pressure.

But again must be stressed - you must replace the pump as by now they are 20 years old if still factory. So trying to push anything is a bit too risky.

Also you could have injectors that require cleaning etc. So it is very hard to say.

Stock injectors/cleaned/working right - with a NEW pump - 280-300rwkw. They can do up to 330-340rwkw with a minor bump in rail pressure.

But again must be stressed - you must replace the pump as by now they are 20 years old if still factory. So trying to push anything is a bit too risky.

Also you could have injectors that require cleaning etc. So it is very hard to say.

yea, thanks for that. I thought replacing the pump is a smart idea. Im hoping with a drop in Nismo one, with standard injectors that have been cleaned etc, 300rwkw is within reach :)

What's the best Drop in upgrade injectors for a R32 GTR under $1000?

Would is be wise to get a nismo fuel pressure regultor too? and is standrd fuel rail ok for 300rkw? sorry for all the questions. just trying to make sure I invest my money in the right areas.

There are these nismo 600cc, but they seem sooooo expensive.

http://www.ebay.com....=item337044f027

Edited by 91BNR32

1. as what has been already stated stock rail is fine,.. Sh!t u can run 400rwkw +++ through it if u wanted

2. Dont need the regulator unless your keeping the stock injectors, people use the regulaters to pump up the rail pressure when they need a bit of extra fuel to get them over the line

3.Stock fuel pump is big enough, but as a safety factor get a new one to feel better (youll probably end up replacing it sometime in the future anyway) as a reference nsimo will support 400rwkw for any future mods

4.if ur goin to buy injectors, have a look around the forum for a good set (see if u can get a set that have been tested and cleaned ie spray pattern,flow etc) i sold my nismo 550's for $500 bucks from memory

5. as i stated in the other post check out rhdjapan.com, they sometimes are doing deals on sard injectors, got my 800's for $660 plus delivery

What's the best Drop in upgrade injectors for a R32 GTR under $1000?

Would is be wise to get a nismo fuel pressure regultor too? and is standrd fuel rail ok for 300rkw? sorry for all the questions. just trying to make sure I invest my money in the right areas.

There are these nismo 600cc, but they seem sooooo expensive.

http://www.ebay.com....=item337044f027

i will have some nismo 600cc injectors for sale in the next week or too as i will be upgrading

bought them off GTR_JOEY last yr

for safety as others have mentioned, fuel pump and a minimum of 550cc injectors.

cant really go past the nismo gear, direct drop in replacements always fit perfect :thumbsup:

and i also had a second set that i sold to Nick

they were flow tested and cleaned and come up well, those ones came off a 350rwkw engine and only sold them to put my 800s in

Whats the deal nick, not big enough mate?

Edited by GTR_JOEY

and i also had a second set that i sold to Nick

they were flow tested and cleaned and come up well, those ones came off a 350rwkw engine and only sold them to put my 800s in

Whats the deal nick, not big enough mate?

Just running new engine in with the 600s then going to id1000s

was reaching 90% inj duty on cold days and i personally i dont like the duty to be above 85%

plus the 1000s give me the option of eflex/e85 down the track :whistling:

standard injectors on my R32 GTR ran out at 19psi and 293rwkw, I changed the pump and FPR, which gave me some head room, but when you change the pump in a R32 it is a good idea to rewire the pump as the 2 speed for the pump tends to fail, I ran a wire off the alternator to a 20 amp fuse then under the car to the boot to a 20 amp relay (using the stock fuel wire to trigger ) and into the standard plug at the top of the fuel tank.

Higher fuel pressure helps with atomization so don't be scared to bump fuel pressures

Just running new engine in with the 600s then going to id1000s

was reaching 90% inj duty on cold days and i personally i dont like the duty to be above 85%

plus the 1000s give me the option of eflex/e85 down the track :whistling:

Good choice, no old tuner swears by them and says he can get a better ideal with them over the 600 Nismos I have in the 34.

Good choice, no old tuner swears by them and says he can get a better ideal with them over the 600 Nismos I have in the 34.

Yea seeing alot of people go to the id injectors having awesome idle stability

how much power were u making with the 600s?

whos doin the tuning for you?

we'll have to go for a cruise when i get eventually get mine finnished..... whenever that is

was making 335kw at the wheels on 22psi with -9s, stupidly responsive

Pulse Racing in Menai did the build and are tuning it :thumbsup: have been doing all my work

hahaha yea for sure how long till its completed??

sounds like a weapon, keeping the -9s then?

its at performance exhaust at Northmead atm, then back to Unigroup for the tune and a couple of bits and peices

hopefully by the start of next month but not holding my breath...

hell its been nearly a year since i sold u those injectors, and it had already been off the road of 6 months haha

sounds like a weapon, keeping the -9s then?

its at performance exhaust at Northmead atm, then back to Unigroup for the tune and a couple of bits and peices

hopefully by the start of next month but not holding my breath...

hell its been nearly a year since i sold u those injectors, and it had already been off the road of 6 months haha

yea keeping the -9s i love the response and has power all the way to 8000rpm

ahhh nice 3.5 or 4inch exhaust??

hahaha yea its been awhile chop chop!!!

from what i remember its going to be a beast well once its on the road :P

to responsive for my liking those -9s heh heh

got a 4 inch dump coming off a single then merging into a full 3.5 inch system with twin gates and a cannon as a muffler lol

a run against ur e85 -9's will be a good tester to see how it measures up :thumbsup:

to responsive for my liking those -9s heh heh

got a 4 inch dump coming off a single then merging into a full 3.5 inch system with twin gates and a cannon as a muffler lol

a run against ur e85 -9's will be a good tester to see how it measures up :thumbsup:

So will be quiet :P

Yea would be a good comparison

Will try 98 first hahaha

Hopefully you don't have toooooo much lag ;)

i will have some nismo 600cc injectors for sale in the next week or too as i will be upgrading

bought them off GTR_JOEY last yr

for safety as others have mentioned, fuel pump and a minimum of 550cc injectors.

cant really go past the nismo gear, direct drop in replacements always fit perfect :thumbsup:

Hey mate, will the nismo 600cc you have need cleaning and flow testing? Might be keen on them. How much you looking at??

Hey mate, will the nismo 600cc you have need cleaning and flow testing? Might be keen on them. How much you looking at??

We're cleaned and flow tested before I bought them and have been faultless in operation on my car, only used for about a year

Looking at around $600 for them but am negotiable on price

Regarding the above post, basically saying they are straight drop in and you will require a programmable ECU ie power fc to set the appropriate injector size so the ECU knows how much fuel to give