SAU Community

2012 Motorsport Events (Tas)

zoidbergmerc

Hey All,

Just letting you know the HSCC website has been updated, along with the Drifting Tasmania website

http://www.hobartspo...org/events.html

http://www.driftingtasmania.com/

Please find attached to this post the full calendar.

I for one am keen as hell and you should all be too! Skylines make excellent track cars in all forms whether it be 100% stock standard to balls out hardcore modified and everything in between and we should all take advantage of our brilliant cars and have a tonne of fun.

If you are new and are interested but have a few questions please feel free to post up here so that others may benefit from the answers or alternatively you can send me a PM and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

2012 Competition Calendar.doc

Edited by zoidbergmerc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know its a bit late but do you have to join the LCCT to participate, cos on the calender it was down as Club Day Supersprint. I'm already a member of HSCC and don't really want to have to join another.

Also is Supersprint basically just time attack? I watched it at Baskerville a couple of weeks ago and was a bit confused because they were using the starting grid and starting all the cars at once.

Super Sprints is 4 cars on the track at a time, starting from the grid, fastest lap wins, you get like 4 laps.

Time attack, the track is open for like half an hour and you have to knock out a lap in that time with as many pit stops as you want.

Unless the event says something like (CLOSED TO CLUB) then any member of any CAMS affiliated car club can participate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

very much so :) it's just 4 cars on the track at a time, smash out a few laps and come in! heaps of fun and they'll put you against people who are getting similar times\levels of experience

Do it mate, you'll have the time of your life. Remember you have to get CAMS licence and club membership too, 99% of the time you can get it all on the day.