SAU Community

The Shannons Insurance Skyline Nationals 2012 - Goulburn And Wakefield Park

mastadd

Hey Mark, I'm sure you will be welcome, no matter what is in the supp regs? or are you only heading out if you can win :P

LOL, na mate, my lack of testicular fortitude holds me back.

The entry form asks for the class which you get from the sup regs, which I cannot find.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, na mate, my lack of testicular fortitude holds me back.

The entry form asks for the class which you get from the sup regs, which I cannot find.

mate, it's a nationals event, run by a club. I'm sure their only aim is to make sure every skyline enthusiast has a way to take part.

If you are worried, just leave the class blank and let them work it out :D

To me, it is more about being part of a great group of like minded people, rather than just another commercial track day.

Thats a great Idea, just leave the class blank, (altho classes are on the Haunted Hills Sup regs, and they won't change for the Nats), and we can certainly sort it out at sign in. Thats the best thing to do. Some of our entrants don't even know what car they are going to be in yet, so leaving the class blank will be fine :)

We allow any sort of car into the club, because any enthusiast is welcome. If you read on our website we even say that. And it's only other makes that can come along for the track day. We try to encourage Skylines only for the show and shine, but we have in the past had some fantastic Mazda's along as well. The club is not big enough, or cocky enough to say you can't come if you don't have a skyline :). And it's definitely not a cash grab, it's just a fantastic event to get all car enthusiasts to come along if they want. As this club would already know, it's very hard for clubs to make money out of these sorts of events, and generally, the clubs make a small loss. Even at 2010's Nationals which was fully subscribed, the club only made a token amount. Additonally, CSA is a Members Funds Club, so if any money is made, it belongs to the members, not the club, so how can that be a bad thing :D.

By the very name of the event, it ensures that we will have a very high percentage of Skylines there.

• 2 weeks later...

Track day has already lots of Spots booked, People taking advantage of the early bird that Finished on Monday,

The show and shine has heaps of Spots left, This is the best subscribed Nationals yet so i wouldn't leave your entry till the last second

I'm not sure who you are talking to but I am interested in bringing both my ADM and JDM.

I think it would be quite interesting having two totally stock (including exhaust and radio cassette players etc....LOL) side by side.

I just need to work out the logistics and whether to do it at this show or the SAU Nationals... I doubt I'd do it twice.

BTW... Apologies if your question wasn't targeted towards me........

Bob.

Happy to be able to say that Fred Gibson confirmed this morning that he, and very possibly Christine will be attending the nationals in Goulburn this year.

As it stands we currently have confirmed

R32 Winfield GTR

R32 GIO GTR

HR31 GTSr

DR30 Peter Jackson car (Possibly 2)

Group C Bluebird

Group C Exa

Starion

JPS BMW (Possibly 2)

S12 Gazelle.

There are a few more on the list that have not confirmed yet.

This is already the best subscribed nationals yet,

And even more exciting news will come in the next few days!

Just to add a bit more info, We don't have sup regs up yet, because Winton haven't given us the event permit number yet, but have confirmed we have the track. We will have both regularity and fastest times in each class. (There are 4 classes in the Current CSA Championship). The regularity and Speed events will not be held seperately, but in the same sessions, so there will be plenty of sessions on the track.

Every one who has already entered will get a new copy of the sup regs once we have them, then it's simply an email to us to confirm your class, or you can even let us know on the day.

It's all about keeping it simple, and having fun.

Anyone who has thought about staying for the presentation dinner, has an extra reason to now that Fred Gibson is a definate, and Christine an almost definate. DOes anyone ever get sick of hearing Fred's tales. The SAU NSW Dinner also saw Christine speak as well, and that was a great evening.

Edited by cazz

I have popped this one in, because I have said "Winton" in the message above. (Can't edit it now). Just to be clear, the track day is at Wakefield, but the supp regs are finalised by WInton, as is the permit number.

Hi mate,

any car fitted with a tyre that is not DOT rated or that is marked with "Not for highway use" will have to have a "Suitably constructed" ROPS.

Hope that helps,

All the details are on the Skyline Nationals Website. However, it will be held on the courthouse gardens, and the main street. (Courthouse is on the main street).

Preliminary classes for the show and shine,

these are the bare minimum for the show and shine, Classes may be split or joined as numbers become more available

Model - Sub Categories - More Info

Prince - Standard - Depending on Numbers - Includes A & S series

C Class - Standard - Modified - Includes C10, C110, C111, C210, C211

R30 - Standard - Modified - Aus Cars Only

H/DR30 - Standard - Modified - Includes Both HR and DR30

R31 - Standard - Modified - Aus Cars Only

HR31 - Standard - Modified - Includes Coupe and Passage

R32 - Standard - Modified - GTS & GTST Coupe and Sedan

BNR32 - Standard - Modified - Includes Vspec I and Vspec II

BNR32 - Standard - Depending on Numbers - Aus Cars Only

R33 - Depending on Numbers - Modified - GTS & GTST Coupe and Sedan

BNR33 - Standard - Modified - Includes Vspec I and Vspec II

R34 - Standard - Modified - GT & GTT Coupe and Sedan

BNR34 - Standard - Modified - Includes Vspec I and Vspec II

R35 - Standard - Modified

Skyline Mini - Standard - Modified - Pulsar Class

Skyline Wagon - Standard - Modified - Stagea Class C34 & M35

Best Non Skyline TBC

• 3 weeks later...

You do not have to attend both the track day and show and shine if you don't want to.

if you were to turn up on the day of the show and shine you may struggle to get a spot the way it is currently filling up.