SAU Community

The Shannons Insurance Skyline Nationals 2012 - Goulburn And Wakefield Park

mastadd

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some real nice cars today, although my highlight was listening to some kids who were saying they didn't like the tail lights of a certain 32 GTR, they said they would bin them straight away, it was the smickest ADM GTR here.

LOL, kids these days.

Organized by a club that i've never heard of, run extremely well, Leigh Diffey as the guest commentator :P awesome action of the Grp A/C cars, but nothing else really exciting on track....actually id say that for half the field it was there first time ever??

I had a blast, no new PB for me though, still all in all it was a awesome weekend.

I want a R31 now.

I wish I didn't sell my old wagon now, it would have been sweet with the 25/30 that's in the boat.

Anyone wanna sell me a clean straight 31.................cheap..........

I had a blast, no new PB for me though, still all in all it was a awesome weekend.

I want a R31 now.

I wish I didn't sell my old wagon now, it would have been sweet with the 25/30 that's in the boat.

Anyone wanna sell me a clean straight 31.................cheap..........

but your car was so good for skids!!!

:P

Was a good weekend.

Was great to see all those Group A's and C's having a little bit of a go!!!!! Still love the 31!

Edited by Jetwreck

Was a good weekend, I really started to enjoy the Wakie track too once I figured out how not to spinout at turn 1..

Anyone know what engine that rusty old purple Gemini was running, buggered if I could catch him...

Purple gemini looked like one from way back that had an fj20et in it?

Unfortunately I couldnt afford to enter the track day, it looked like a heap of fun apart from the marshals releasing cars onto the track right in front of cars going full speed through the kink. Was scary to watch knowing the drivers couldn't see each other and i saw a few cars having to take avoiding action to avoid collisions.

IMG_8016.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/Tyrie_01/skyline%20nats%20sept%202012/

hey guys, Any pic's of the show and shine couldn't make it on the saturday, and who won

all the categary's ?

Yes to this, Im wondering who won what, and when are they going to send me the prizes for the "best 1995 silver GTST 25/30 TO4Z with a half cage" category, I feel I could also be in the running for "epic flames" and the coveted "tank slapper" award.

Preliminary classes for the show and shine,

these are the bare minimum for the show and shine, Classes may be split or joined as numbers become more available

Model - Sub Categories - More Info

Prince - Standard - Depending on Numbers - Includes A & S series

C Class - Standard - Modified - Includes C10, C110, C111, C210, C211

R30 - Standard - Modified - Aus Cars Only

H/DR30 - Standard - Modified - Includes Both HR and DR30

R31 - Standard - Modified - Aus Cars Only

HR31 - Standard - Modified - Includes Coupe and Passage

R32 - Standard - Modified - GTS & GTST Coupe and Sedan

BNR32 - Standard - Modified - Includes Vspec I and Vspec II

BNR32 - Standard - Depending on Numbers - Aus Cars Only

R33 - Depending on Numbers - Modified - GTS & GTST Coupe and Sedan

BNR33 - Standard - Modified - Includes Vspec I and Vspec II

R34 - Standard - Modified - GT & GTT Coupe and Sedan

BNR34 - Standard - Modified - Includes Vspec I and Vspec II

R35 - Standard - Modified

Skyline Mini - Standard - Modified - Pulsar Class

Skyline Wagon - Standard - Modified - Stagea Class C34 & M35

Best Non Skyline TBC

For the track day I believe it was for the fastest of each class, I did hear talk of a regularity style of comp but I'm unaware of the formalities.

Win or lose, it was fun.

And as someone else said, I don't think more cars have come off at turn 1 in any other event, unless there was a "lawnmowing" category that I wasn't aware of ???

Had a great (cold) weekend. Track day provided lolz watching at turn one. I think it was Fatz that decided to enter turn one sideways every lap. There were 2 GTRs running in the 4 and 5 second range - pretty impressive. was great watching them hook up out of turn one.

Certainly was an mix of machinery on show.

There are a heap of trophies that we have to go through that were not collected at the Presentation Dinner. Every trophy was presented by the man himself, Mr Fred Gibson.

This was a really, really good event. So many people on their first ever track day. Doing that at Wakefield is both Challenging and safe. Not many things to hit.

The first couple of sessions got a bit hairy when the guys were letting cars out whilst other cars were coming down the straight, but that was soon sorted out.

The weather couldn't have been better, and everyone got at least five sessions and a couple of passenger runs. The Group A and C cars were sensational, and their last session out the boys swapped cars and had some fun in somebody elses car. They had a ball. I didn't come last, so I was happy with that, AND I got some laps in the DR30 with the big boys.

A very small club ran this event, and Kudos to the team behind how weill it was run. It wasn't just the track day, it was the show and shine, sign in and everything. It all ran so well. Also thank to Goulburn Council, Courthouse, and Wakefield for all of their help with this. Seriously, they made this one look easy. The guys at Wakefield were so helpful.

All times are up on Natsoft, and Show and Shine willers will be announced soon. The club is in Victoria, so we all only got home last night. So try and be a little bit patient.

Cheers

i didnt realise there was a thread here...

+ 1 to what 31GUN said, i loved it - not the wind though!

Skip to 1:35 for what its like to have a car pop out of the pits when your at full noise :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOf1atMQIk

and more lawn mowing at 4:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LQn-bL0NWc

Organized by a club that i've never heard of, run extremely well, Leigh Diffey as the guest commentator :P awesome action of the Grp A/C cars, but nothing else really exciting on track....actually id say that for half the field it was there first time ever??

The R35 tried to be exciting going into turn 1 on the grass inside the HR31 ... Wakefield staff didn't seem to appreciate the excitement either, I thought it was most entertaining :D

I would say closer to 75% of the field had never driven Wakefield; and potentially 60% never driven on a race track before judging from the amount of hands up at the drivers briefing at the start of the day. Considering the lack of retrieval or yellow flag incidents over the day meant they at least were learning within their limits, go to a Tampered Day in Victoria and enjoy the wonder of door to door club sprint racing ... The wakefield staff seem to have a much lower tolerance of people pushing hard than what I've witnessed at both Winton, Sandown or Mallala; much more in keeping with the nazis of PI.