SAU Community

Brad's R34 Gtr V-Spec Street/track Build

ithink the 6265 would be a better choice i have -5 o mine with 2.7 stroker full boost at 4000rpm with eflex fuel.i think the 6265 will be similar (-5)but with more kw.that ill be my choice when i go single set up

good luck ith build mate

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure this is Wei's old car. Check me though, if im right the vin would be 6U9000BNR34005487.

Aparently Eugene from JDM performance used to own it.

Looked good when i last saw it, congrats on the purchase and best of luck with the build.

Pretty sure this is Wei's old car. Check me though, if im right the vin would be 6U9000BNR34005487.

Aparently Eugene from JDM performance used to own it.

Looked good when i last saw it, congrats on the purchase and best of luck with the build.

Yeah mate you'd be right, I bought this off Wei about 6 months ago... Best thing I ever spent my cash on haha

Yeah, I just got off google looking into the 6265 and 6765 comparisons and I think the 6765 is more suited to a 3L...

The 6265 is rated at 520kw so we'll see how we go haha

Quick update...

Just bought a Powertune twin in tank fuel pump, and two walbro pumps rated at 1000hp for the GTR.

Want something that's not going to be noisy or smell of fuel, plus hidden from the fuzz haha :thumbsup:

I would spend more time on google understand turbo's. I would like you to look at compressor maps then choose one of the shelf. Turbo's that are HP rated , this only tells you the entry hole size that equals to how much air flow through the hole size.

If you need some good info let me know.

Geez my old car is still alive and is going to be an animal! I just read the whole thread, sorry to hear what happened to your car Brad. I loved this car when i had it and got it running well with its old -5 setup. I can tell the car went to a good owner and hope the mods get done soon and make it more of a monster :)

Update...

Just finished at Knight engines, pulling the engine down and the crank is F#%£ED!!!

1# piston took the brunt of the oil surge and the bearing was completely fried, had a 10c piece sized chunk missing... :whistling:

So from here, a 2.8L crank is being ordered and the precision billet 6765 with T4 divided rear will be ordered also...

Kyle from 6boost is doing up one of his twin scroll steam pipe manifold with dual external watsegates to go with this build so it's going to be insane.. Haha

Will post pics up tonight...

Cheers

Pics...

Scoring on the bore.

post-47369-0-71016700-1327122316_thumb.jpg

Butchered head where the 10c piece sized bit of bearing bounced around at 8000rpm.

post-47369-0-46935700-1327122428_thumb.jpg

#1 Piston top.

post-47369-0-49495500-1327122528_thumb.jpg

#1 Piston con rod (bottom of photo) cap is black... Torched haha

post-47369-0-31130300-1327122625_thumb.jpg

"Butchered head where the 10c piece sized bit of bearing bounced around at 8000rpm."

I dont quite understand how a piece of the bearing gets into the cylinder? :unsure:

None the less, good luck with the build and sorry to hear about the wheels mate, shit like that isnt even a bad joke.. what wheels were they? te37?

"Butchered head where the 10c piece sized bit of bearing bounced around at 8000rpm."

I dont quite understand how a piece of the bearing gets into the cylinder? :unsure:

None the less, good luck with the build and sorry to hear about the wheels mate, shit like that isnt even a bad joke.. what wheels were they? te37?

We were thinking the exact same thing, but the only piece of debris in the sump or oil filter or anywhere was one messed up bit of bearing so...? Couldn't tell you to be honest... It's the only thing there.. :blink:

The stolen rims were stock GTR rims. I should be receiving a set of 18x10.5 +15 TE37 SLs in two or three weeks though haha :bunny:

The piston to head clearence is about 1mm in the quench area (less at higher rpm due to rod stretch).

When the rod bearing went by by that clearence disappeared. Then the piston crown quench area collided with the head. Chain reaction effect.

The piston to head clearence is about 1mm in the quench area (less at higher rpm due to rod stretch).

When the rod bearing went by by that clearence disappeared. Then the piston crown quench area collided with the head. Chain reaction effect.

Oh I see, thanks for the insight mate..

Hey guys...

Due to the budget for this build not being unlimited, I have decided not to skimp on the reliability measures and save money by not getting the stroker kit and getting a new R34 crank from Nissan...

I'd rather have a bullet proof RB26 then a normal RB28.

:cheers: