SAU Community

Brad's R34 Gtr V-Spec Street/track Build

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be running a 6boost twin scroll manifold.. I'm not to fussed about the exhaust housing size, with the head mods and dual wastegates ect. I think it'll come on boost the same as my -5's...

Hey guys, Sorry I said I'd update this on the weekend, but I guess I was just lazy/to busy trying to put this engine back together...

Okay, so I have finally picked up the engine from Tony and it looks great!! :wub:

The only issue is that the drain at the back of the head isn't one of those alloy block ones, it's just a areo fitting bent into a 90* bend. It's probably a 5" diameter bend so it's going to need to be changed for a smaller one so it will clear the firewall..

post-47369-0-26663000-1334556666_thumb.jpg

Engine

post-47369-0-24275400-1334557291_thumb.jpg

Sump

post-47369-0-16519100-1334557376_thumb.jpg

post-47369-0-18566100-1334557622_thumb.jpg

Exhaust Port

post-47369-0-59634900-1334557474_thumb.jpg

Intake Port

I took the engine over to BoostWorx thisarvo to get put back into the car.. On my way there I picked up a new Xtreme Carbon Twin Plate Clutch with Cromoly Flywheel so now it will be able to handle the 450awkw that she'll be packing haha :3some:

Cant wait to have her back!!

Hey guys, picked up the turbo and manifold today do I'll post up pics tonight, looks sexual haha

Everything is coming together..

I need a bigger fire place so all the cash I'm burning on this will fit hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy moving house and trying to organize this thing at the same time haha..

Well, I went over to BoostWorx yesturday to have a look and I must say what an excellent job they have done, the amount of work they have done in the last two weeks is amazing!!

Engine is in, turbo is on, clutch and all fluids are done!!

So while I was there, it was time for the first start up.. Always an exciting time!!

The engine turned over, and over, and over but didn't fire... Just a few splutters from the exhaust!

Turned out the the insert to be pressed into the front of the exhaust cam to turn the cam angle sensor wasn't installed from CamTech.. This ment the senors wasn't turning and the timing wasn't ever going to work..

I got straight onto Tony to see what we could do. He called CamTech and sorted out a R32 insert to go in and a R32 cam angle sensor, should be here today and 11am. Hopefully, the car is started and a basic tune done by this arfternoon :) WIN!!

I'll post photos of the engine bay and progress tonight..

Wtf was that... Damn iPhone.

Can't wait to hear your result Brad

Yeah cheers mate, can't wait to get her back on the road, hoping for 450awkw on E85.. Should get there haha

Soooo, quick update!!!

Engine runs!! However, there is an oil leek at the front crank seal and also a little one at the rear main seal.. Engine is literally brand new so must have been a kink in the gasket when it was put together or something..

Shaun is fixing the leak this week and is going to bed the engine in on the dyno next week.. Can't wait to see some results

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, so today the engine ran properly for the first time..

It ran for 40kms doing some basic bed in things and then got its run in tune;

279kw @ 9psi 8000rpm

Boost pulls as early as 3000 rpm!!

I'm so happy with the figure, it's more responsive then my -5's on my standard motor... With E85 and 28psi I think an easy 500awkw is achievable..

Who ever said you can't have power and response??

Cheers