SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Andrew from AM Performance ran his car on the same dyno at Jason, and made 308rwkw, then went down the road to the Willall mainline and made 249rwkw. just to give you an idea of the difference

at the end of the day its for tuning, not for bragging

tis annoying how some dynapack owners dont calibrate it properly though.

trent runs the same dyno and has his reading within a few kw of a dd for when he does printouts.

How is reading DD like dynos "properly" calibrated?

How is reading DD like dynos "properly" calibrated?

What he means is that most dynapack dynos read significantly higher than a DD dyno in the norm and trents one pretty much is spot on with other DD ones which arent happy so it makes for a better comparison with other peoples results.

What he means is that most dynapack dynos read significantly higher than a DD dyno in the norm and trents one pretty much is spot on with other DD ones which arent happy so it makes for a better comparison with other peoples results.

There are 4 calibrations for different regions (like usa which use old std) and test procedures:

SAE

DIN

and two others i cant think off.. lol (as i never change it)

some of the operators in sa seem to always run theirs in the old standard which inflates power... have bought this up a few times with them as they give the dyno a bad name even though its actually far more accurate.... hell i could have got a 4wd roller for the price of my new 2wd dynapack...

on top of every dyno sheet from dynapack is the correction type used, if it isnt in SAE J1349 (2004) ask it to be changed. Also like any dyno make sure the Air intake temp probe is set to ambient and is reading real ambient temperature

Almost a direct overlay of my T67 set up on the same type on dyno with the same correction... Actually uncanny!

Which begs the question, how much boost?

Yellow run was 17.10psi

Green run was 18.36psi

There are 4-5 calibrations for different regions (like usa which use old std) and test procedures:

SAE J1349 (2004)

SAE

DIN

some of the operators in sa seem to always run theirs in the old standard which inflates power... have bought this up a few times with them as they give the dyno a bad name even though its actually far more accurate.... hell i could have got a 4wd roller for the price of my new 2wd dynapack...

on top of every dyno sheet from dynapack is the correction type used, if it isnt in SAE J1349 (2004) ask it to be changed. Also like any dyno make sure the Air intake temp probe is set to ambient and is reading real ambient temperature

SAE

DIN

Is there SAE J1349 a separate setting to SAE? I always have used SAE... and "inflates power" is surely a relative term, regardless. So long as all details are considered it is what it is, I'd call it more "inflated" where people reduce smoothing in the hope spikes will boost the #s.

Unopened rb25

Gt3076. 82 IW

Caltex eflex

310rwkw 16psi

320rwkw 18psi

Leak in cooler piping/plenum that needs to be fixed then its back for a tune as it wont hold more than 16 psi and sounds like I got a midget under the bonnet blowing a trumpet lol

Damn that lil midget bastard gets around! he was under my bonnet too lol

Unopened rb25

Gt3076. 82 IW

Caltex eflex

310rwkw 16psi

320rwkw 18psi

Leak in cooler piping/plenum that needs to be fixed then its back for a tune as it wont hold more than 16 psi and sounds like I got a midget under the bonnet blowing a trumpet lol

• 1 month later...

Andrew from AM Performance ran his car on the same dyno at Jason, and made 308rwkw, then went down the road to the Willall mainline and made 249rwkw. just to give you an idea of the difference

at the end of the day its for tuning, not for bragging

and the funny thing? both are mainlines.

use this formula:

mods: PowerFC, GT3037 Garret, 0.6 cpm Cover, 0.63 rear housing, 18psi, Nismo 555s, 3inch turbo back exhaust, 600x300x75mm intercooler, Split Fires, NGK BKR7E plugs, Water Methanol injection, 275ml min nozzle.

fuel: Shell 98

power: 320rwkw, 720nm Torque @ 3200rpm

oil: Shell Helix 5w40 fully synthetic

useage: Every day

lifespan: Lasted 4 years, until I decided to upgrade to RB2530. Engine was still 100% compression wise when sold. 165psi accross all 6 cylinders.

failure: none

comments: Was an awesome car to drive. I did all the tuning myself.

• 1 month later...