SAU Community

2012 Nsw Hillclimb Champs Q&a + Results

R32 Stuart

Hi all

Off to Queanbeyan 1st Round 12th Feb 2012

Karen and I in the R33

Karens father in LC Torana and brother Scott in the Evo.

Probably all be a bit steady as Karen and I have our wedding to attend to on the 11th.

Looking forward to Bathurst double round on the 3rd and 4th March.

Cheers

S & K

drivin1.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Church Done 10am, off to Canberra 1pm - couple of beers and bundy's

Round 1 - weather wise, not a bad day - bit too dry for my liking

Tim won event outright in Gould, Doug second in Lola and and impressive 3rd to Ron in his 1st outing in the V8 Dallara.

We have removed front splitters and diffuser off R33 and running in 2A SCC with 50kws less than last year.

Got Fastest Tintop, 1st in class - and broke record by over 2 seconds

Karen 3rd in class - pb and fastest lady

Inlaws - father LC Torana - 1st in class and brother Scott Evo2 - 1st in class Type SV

Must congratulate the club on a well run event and the high level of competition from competitors overall - saw many records broken - congrats.

• 2 months later...

Sorry Neil, you escaped the video

Cheers Stuart

All good Stuart,,,looking forward to Bathurst this weekend.

Neil

Seems like a Certain Silver GTR smashed the shit out of the record

Well done Stu

Last set of numbers I saw had Neil foing quite well too

:)

Seems like a Certain Silver GTR smashed the shit out of the record

Well done Stu

Last set of numbers I saw had Neil foing quite well too

:)

Thanks

Old Torana also has 65 year old driver - had to do and engine change on Saturday night (father in law) he got second in class both days.

Mt Straight - 56.47 Esses - 30.54 Engine change went smoothly - just someone forgot to do the left hand front wheel up after putting the starter motor in - so first run was very steady - but no harm done - wasn't Karen or I.

Neil had a good trouble free weekend and seemed to be enjoying his first outing at Bathurst in the Skyline

As Karen and I were double entered and had raffles and issues (protest against us) and things to deal with, organised 2 x joy rides (Project Patrick) so had paperwork and extra safety supp regs to go thru with CAMs bla bla bla - all went well

Here's a couple of vids from Saturday and Sunday

Esses

Mountain Straight

Enjoy

I finally got around to downloading my incar off my phone from bathurst

was a good week end pity i had to drive down twice from the gold coast after the first event in March was canceled. i had just finished driving the 13hours and checked in when i got the phone call it was off. :angry:

I had my evo 6 as my 180sx is still of the road.and was meet with some feirce compitition in the form of scotts evo 2. that think is crazy fast. as is you stuart in that gtr.

i was quite happy with my result seen as though it was my first time ever to bathurst. Esses 28.33 2nd in class and 9th outright, Mt Straight 50.64 2nd in class and 10th outright after just two runs as i busted my diff/drive shaft on the 2nd run and ended my weekend.

not bad for a stock evo with only 185kw. :yes:

I'm hoping to do Grafton in june. and my mate with the supercharged black commodore is trying to convince me to come down for the Aus titles in november and leave the cars down there for the following esses and supersprint a few weeks later. but i will have to do some budgeting. :unsure:

Troy

I finally got around to downloading my incar off my phone from bathurst

was a good week end pity i had to drive down twice from the gold coast after the first event in March was canceled. i had just finished driving the 13hours and checked in when i got the phone call it was off. :angry:

I had my evo 6 as my 180sx is still of the road.and was meet with some feirce compitition in the form of scotts evo 2. that think is crazy fast. as is you stuart in that gtr.

i was quite happy with my result seen as though it was my first time ever to bathurst. Esses 28.33 2nd in class and 9th outright, Mt Straight 50.64 2nd in class and 10th outright after just two runs as i busted my diff/drive shaft on the 2nd run and ended my weekend.

not bad for a stock evo with only 185kw. :yes:

I'm hoping to do Grafton in june. and my mate with the supercharged black commodore is trying to convince me to come down for the Aus titles in november and leave the cars down there for the following esses and supersprint a few weeks later. but i will have to do some budgeting. :unsure:

Troy

Excellent job Troy, Bathurst does take a few goes to get right compared to most tracks - well done!

Sorry did not know you had an issue, not that I had any Evo bits but maybe could have helped. Normally give us a yell if you need anything - as we have got lots of tools & things, cause when you have got lots - you don't need them - well thats our motto.

If you come back for the Aussie's - we live only 14kms from town, will be a bit warmer then, lots more grip - if required we can baby sit your car for you.

That crazy bloke in the Evo 2 has taken a couple of years to crack the 50 mark in right way hc (brother in law) I just finished corner weighting and full wheel alignment on it - was out to the &*&% - a long way - think Scotty's going fishing instead of Grafton and I am awaiting results - hopefully next week, from Day 1 at Bathurst, day 2 results all good - strange!!

Sports Sedans are on same weekend (Eastern Creek) as Grafton so will let you know soon - which event will be doing

Cheers Stuart

Edited by R32 Stuart

• 1 month later...

Whilst Stuart was off having fun at E/C,,,we travelled up to Grafton with the gts-t. Here's some vids I took

and

Check out the burnouts from the 2 commodores in front,,,crazy bastards.

Cheers

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of times are you running at Grafton, I live in Coffs Harbour and have done lots of hillclimbs there over the last 15 years. Been about 5 years since i have had a run but definately a fun track. Will have a run in my silvia either later in the year or next year depending on other events. I have run a best of low 52 in our home built clubman running about 150hp L18 datto motor.

• 2 months later...

We are off to the final round this weekend - Newcastle King Edward Park

Tintop is wrapped up, Karen's got fastest lady but we have to go and have a run to ensure class win - both in R33

Off the topic, here's a short video of last weekends wrap up of State Sports Sedan Championship in AU Taxi

Cheers Stuart and Karen

Stu, I saw you down here at Huntley the other week, didn't get a chance to say Hi again, but pardon te French f**k ME that thing hauled up Huntley! Even the guys who have been around that track 20+ years were shocked at the times it rolled out like it was nothing.

I think I heard a 23second run? That's moving for a tin top! Especially with the outright record only 5 seconds away!

I would say do a few local events before committing to the state champs and find a class that is financially viable for you.

By that I mean don't go chasing stu unless you can commit to big bucks.

I would use Neil's car as a target, simple and works well.

I beg to differ zebra,,,no one bites at state rounds,,,everybodies friendly and only too happy to help.

This years just about over championship wise,,,but there still is some good events on,,,heres one at bathurst,,,24th/25th November.

http://bathurstlight...events/2012-11/

Cheers

Neil.