SAU Community

R33 Gtr Rear Subframe Into R32 Gtr

Nur33

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Another thread dig, I've nearly finished my conversion (after starting it in 2014 lol) of R33 subframe into my R32 and I'm struggling for info about the rear LCA inner bushes. There was a mention earlier that washers are required but shouldn't I be able to get R33 bushes to suit an R33 subframe?

The difference I've measured for the width of the rear LCA inner bushes: R32-45mm, R33-50mm.

I've even asked about aftermarket R33 rear LCA's and they all tell me that they're 45mm!

Any help is appreciated.

See the pics of R32 vs R33.

post-10715-14604628332168_thumb.jpgpost-10715-14604628486645_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

HICAS notwithstanding, they are supposed to be the same "geometry".

Just bought one for $60 with all the arms and hubs (which I'm guessing I just use my R32 ones in) so will look at making some offset-offset spacers to align everything back to the middle

• 5 months later...

Update on doing this for anyone looking to do this, parts required are:

1, R33/R34 or S14/15 subframe. (I used a R33 non-Hicas subframe, R34/S15 subframes have more gusseting, I also welded in a GKtech subframe reinforcing kit.)

2, Offset subframe bushes (I used the GKtech solid offset bushes, these mount the subframe up a lot higher which is better for roll centre and will require a little "massage" of the floor pan on the front on either side of the subframe, test fit the subframe before mounting the diff and arms on it.....all will become obvious)

3, R33/S14 lower suspension arms (you can still use the R32 arms but will need spacers/washers to pack out the difference on the inside mounts

4, R32 upper arms (I made the mistake of buying brand new R33 top arms thinking they would be required.....but they foul on the shocks) 

5, Driveshaft Spacers (I used the GKtech 10mm ones. There is some differing thoughts as to whether these are required, but I figured if the R33 subframe is 10mm wider on either side then I would put them in to avoid damaging the CV joints)

6, R33/S14 Tie Rods and Bushes (If you are getting rid of the Hicas by going to a non-Hicas subframe like I did you will need these and something like a set of Whiteline bushes to replace the ball joints that are in the hubs for the Hicas tie rods)

7, R32 ARB (seems to still fit, the mounts are spaced a little further apart)

IMG_0509.JPG

Edited by Sub Boy32
  • Like 1