SAU Community

Clutch Pedal Sucks Itself In?

are bee's

As the title states, clutch pedal is being a team player, and being sucked to the floor, getting stuck, making my car impossible to drive, etc.

Basically what's happening is if I put any weight on the pedal at all without pushing it in the whole way it just sucks itself to the floor and the clutch remains engaged.

Also if on the way out if I lift my foot too slow or let it stop at all, it just stops in place, and the clutch fully engages instantly.

However if I pump it in quickly and let it back out straight away it does what it should opens and engages the clutch without getting stuck or sucked in.

Any help on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you just replace it with a standard one? or was the one you replaced reinforced to make it stronger? Are you running a heavy clutch? next would be check the hydralics in the system master and slave. Quick test maybe you should do is unbolt the slave from the box and push it in by hand all the way and it should pop back out on its own if you let go if it doesnt sign that faulty slave.

Next after those two would be the painful one of having to see if your fork or pivot ball arent broken.

I replaced it with a nismo one looks exactly the same just has a few more spot welds.

Yeah the clutch is heavy, snapped the first pedal bracket hence the new one.

I'll try the test on the slave now, Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...