SAU Community

Drags 12Th Feb 2012

dato$2nv

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/388872-drag-dates-2012-so-far/

think you will find most entries are full allready.

Martin at this stage it will never get to full 1/4 again as not enough run off any more for ANDRA to be happy with. when the top fuelers come later they are only running 1000ft.

FYI

Hi guys, I have 10 positions available for racing next weekend being 12th February 2012 due to non payers, cars not ready and forms not being returned. If you would like to enter, please give me a call on 0419722464.

There will be no entries available on race day so please do not rock up race day and assume you can race. Lets feel these spots and make it a sell out event again and one hell of a "Morpowa Super Sunday"

Regards

Rino

Martin at this stage it will never get to full 1/4 again as not enough run off any more for ANDRA to be happy with. when the top fuelers come later they are only running 1000ft.

If thats true, how come Rino himself said it will go 1/4 mile?

^^ im trying to find the comment he made regarding why it wont be full 1/4 anymore. the run off area is not long enough any more to comply with new ANDRA rules for top fullers as the cars have got faster but run off hasnt, it also has something to do with the house across the road which is directly inline with the run off area being to close now.

that being said maybe street drags etc (all except top fuelers and doorslamers may run the full 1/4 in time if they get ANDRA approval.

Racing Onn Promotions: Martin, unfortunatley we are not able to run group 1 at 1/4 mile, the cars are getting faster but the track not getting longer. Top Fuel, Alcohol, Pro and Top Bike in April will run 1000ft. (that is from his facebook)

Judging by Rino's comments on his FB page it appears the plan is to run off-street 1/4-mile events in the future when additional concrete barriers become available to complete the RHS track safety barrier - I noticed a comment stating the additional barriers required are currently set aside for use at the Clipsal 500.

"Racing Onn Promotions Hi, it will be 1/8th mile again for reasons beyond our control, we are not able to secure the Clipsal 500 walling until after Clipsal..."

The venue as it currently stands (plus completion of all safety barriers) will never see a return to ANDRA Group 1 1/4-mile racing due to the lack of run-off and no room for expansion. A lack of Group 1 racing over the 1/4-mile doesn't automatically mean no 1/4-mile of any kind... so fingers crossed.

The ANDRA Group 1 meeting 13-15 Apr will run over 1000ft (304m).

^^^haha from what i gather is cars for this meeting still 660ft (barriers being used for clipsal) when they come back it will be full 1/4 for cars but yes 1000ft for top fuellers etc.

not sure if that means that between 1000ft and the 1/4 that the track will be re surfaced there or not.

Clispal is in March, barriers not available till well after Clipsal therefore no barriers for AIR till end of March limiting drag events to 660ft. ANDRA Group 1 meet is in April, April comes after March... which means the barriers required will be available by the Group 1 event. Seemed obvious enough to me :D

• 1 month later...