SAU Community

Injector Data Settings On Power Fc

jase33

I have a Power FC on my r33 series 2 and I was checking some setting according to Paulr33's Power FC FAQ and I think my injector data settings are wrong.

I have Sard 550cc injectors in my r33.

So with this information...

RB25 size = 370cc/min

latency = 0.528msec

Sard size = 550cc/min

latency = 0.85msec

Size difference = 370 - 550 = 0.6727 * 100 = 67.27%

Latency difference = 0.85 - 0.53 = +0.32 msec

Do I put in my injector data settings both of those end figures for each injector?

Any help would be good. I have a whole lot of issues I'm trying to sort out with it, and I'm slowly getting there :thumbsup:

Edited by jase33

It makes tuning a lot easier if it is setup correctly, otherwise you would need to modify the entire fuel map and/or scale the AFM to suit.

When I knew nothing about tuning, I paid someone on this forum to tune my car. They left all the injector settings at default and just stuffed about with the entire injection map and rescaled the AFM, not to mention he dialled in more timing at MBT than pre/post MBT, wonder why the car was knocking off it's tits... anyhow that's another story.

As DVS asked, has it been tuned? if so do not touch it, you will screw your entire injection map.

Whats the issue's?

Best to set latency and inj when tuning. His guide gets it close then adjust where necessary.

Has it been tuned?

Yeah it has been tuned, a while ago and I dont think they knew about the injectors at the time. It seems like it all went up the fritz just recently when the battery was disconnected. Is that possible to lose my PFC settings?

Having a lot of rev hunting issues and some horrible lumpy spots, it is also running really rich, especially on cold startup, lots of black smoke.

Are you suggesting that I should adjust the injector data now? At the moment they are all set to 70% and +0.00.

From what i know, dead battery doesnt affect settings. Had mine flat for AT LEAST 8 weeks, and when she fired up with new battery, everything seemed to still be the same.

From what i know, it saves state the same way a portable USB drive saves data.. Am i right with this folks?

Ty.

yes, every time you turn the ignition off the ecu stays powered for an extra second or so and the pfc saves any changes made since power on to permanent memory, you could disconnect the battery for 5 years and your tune will be safe.

was it all running fine before? did you change anything at all before it started running shit?

OK that's nice to know then that it saves even without the battery.

I cant recall exactly when it started going poopy, it has slowly seemed to have got worse.

I'm located in Adelaide.