SAU Community

Increasing Police Suspicion/inspection

We can all just sit back and wait until we all own car trailers or stand up for our rights as car enthusiasts.

It's getting worse, much worse every year.

So let's be smart and know our shit.

Speed cameras have now been reformed due to public uproar.

If we all want to drive a Eunos ten years from now, we need to speak out loud.

This so called hoon blitzing must be fairly targeted.

Otherwise, ironically as it it is, the law is creating criminals.

^^^That's the fighting spirit.

OP, the first thing that needs to happen is the replacement/reinstatement of a signatory modification system. The engineering approved mod. system has been binned and replaced with ADR's which are totally unsuitable (they call for crash testing on mods etc).

It would be nice if we could tag our cause onto the Shooter/Fisher/4wders party, much like the latter of those three have.

^^^That's the fighting spirit.

OP, the first thing that needs to happen is the replacement/reinstatement of a signatory modification system. The engineering approved mod. system has been binned and replaced with ADR's which are totally unsuitable (they call for crash testing on mods etc).

It would be nice if we could tag our cause onto the Shooter/Fisher/4wders party, much like the latter of those three have.

The ADR's itself is a joke, apparently a brand new Audi RS3 is not safe enough for Australia yet one of those piece of shit Chinese cars like Cherry or Great Wall get a free pass even though in an accident they fold like a piece of paper. Its all a load of bollocks to keep local manufacturers going and somehow appease the vocal minority who believe the crap the government feeds them. If not for the ridiculous restrictions put upon imports we'd all be driving BMW M3's,Audi RS4's and Porsche 911's instead of Skylines for roughly the same money from 10-50k depending on the age and model.

Even with import duty, GST, a reasonable compliance fee and shipping a current shape M3 (from the UK) would come out at roughly 50-60k depending on condition. Yet we pay more than twice that :domokun:

We can all just sit back and wait until we all own car trailers or stand up for our rights as car enthusiasts.

It's getting worse, much worse every year.

So let's be smart and know our shit.

When i bought my Skyline i was getting stopped daily for the first time ever. Long story short, got all my mods Engineered from an RTA list of approved Engineers AND EPA approved/tested.

Despite those inspections and certifications I'm still being stopped (almost daily) and treated as if im about to Rob a bank or kill someone etc....

Got footage of a cop using really nice language *coughs* and making threats ...

(had in car cameras installed due to the high level of harassment , and on top of that being treated like a 16 year old drug F@#ED hoon driving like im pissed without a licence) I call it 'thug copper protection' sometimes i really feel like im about to be the next Rodney King ...... BuT I have a gold licence, never had cop drama...ever!, that was before I bought an R34 i looked like everyone else in a stock typical aussie like car.

So, i go through all that weekly, AND my exhaust is still being defected or other parts despite having the certificates to say it ALLLL complies. When im stopped and they want to lift the hood I give them all the certificates so they can read them and do their checks, but they generally say something to the effect of " we don't think these certificates are correct, so take it to court if you are not happy here's a defect notice" Why did I spend good money to have all the Engineering certs done to satisfy Gov regulation and comply so as to do the right thing only to be treated like a thug or actually worse…. Then booked.

So its either pay 65 bucks per defect to have them cleared (without change) as the mechanics cant find any defects, every time the car gets reinspected, OR go to court weekly which i cant afford the time.

Ya see, even knowing ya shit doesn't help because the cops that act like Nazis (seriously) those ones that do as they like, knowing ya shit aint gonna help. At some point (when I have more time), the only course on offer is from my Solicitor to sue the Police which he has done for another client (with great success 150K later) , but its time consuming, A LOT of drama and effort to take it that far.

I guess I put it down to being a car Enth "its just something to expect". I want to upgrade soon to a Factory Stock GTR, I wonder what will happen then…. Im gonna bet they will still defect all stock parts too as there is no actual right or wrong where the law is concerned for car mods, its all up to how the cop interprets the car. Paper work/certificates carry NO weight. The two things that do make sense are

1. It's a do as you like policy the cops have to raise revenue , and as I understand they advance in promotion the more tickets they issue etc.

2. The Gov needs revenue and lets face it, theres a shoit load of cars out there to do it with.

Ive read a lot of threads here and other sites from people in similar situations, ive read lots of suggestions etc etc, and the only one GREAT bit of advice that does add up is;

Register cars in other states then the cops can shove their defects up their cracks as they cant enforce interstate defects. I got family friends business etc in other states as I guess we mostly all have some connection, so legally shouldn't be too hard to change over. ☺

Edited by nathanau

I know where this is heading.

There will be a Sunday Inter-Car-Club Protest-Rally Cruise on Parliament House in each state of the Commonwealth :)

Also present will be be CEOs of car parts shops, tuning houses, motoring workshops, exhaust establishments, tyre shops, wheel repairers, suspension shops, brake and clutch shops, truckies, Repco, Autobarn, Auto One, Supercheap & NRMA as well as the odd MP

There will be speeches about how policing attention will be diverted towards...

* owners of cars with bald tyres

* camryesque road hogs

* drivers who think that a blinker stalk is an obstruction to turning a wheel

* senile old fools who park by sound rather than sight

* druggies as well as drunks

* maniac weavers

* idiots who don't realise their lights are off at night

* seat-belt-phobics

* 5-toes-1-foot dangling out passenger windows

* smoke screen clunkers

* no more leather-leg blue 'n whites hiding in bushes

Yaddayadda....

"Book 'em Danno"

...and leave the real enthusiasts, who luuuuv to patronise the above businesses alone!

All those businesses above, at the cash registers say :thanks: to us every day of the week!

April Fools Day 2012 can be such a Sunday :whistling:

The two things that do make sense are

1. It's a do as you like policy the cops have to raise revenue , and as I understand they advance in promotion the more tickets they issue etc.

2. The Gov needs revenue and lets face it, theres a shoit load of cars out there to do it with.

LOL.

If cops got promotions for tickets written, why is there not a HWP as the commissioner. :unsure:

Double LOL. State revenue is 58 Billion dollars. TOTAL (and I mean everything) fines from motorists or .58% of that. Imagine how few of this is even related to defects. <.005%. Hardly a solid revenue stream.

LOL.

If cops got promotions for tickets written, why is there not a HWP as the commissioner. :unsure:

Double LOL. State revenue is 58 Billion dollars. TOTAL (and I mean everything) fines from motorists or .58% of that. Imagine how few of this is even related to defects. <.005%. Hardly a solid revenue stream.

Well done with those figures, it means nothing really. The point is, that driving a modded car means fines harassment whether you r driving in a legal and safe manner OR not AND when you got dicks handing out tickets for no reason other than ' they can ' it dont matter is the cost if it costs 1 dollar or in the hundreds, It shouldn't happen. Since it does happen, best practice is rego interstate, easy no fuss. I

Edited by nathanau

I don't know if that will work, your car becomes unregistered if in another state for longer than 1 month or something. So they will be handing out no reg fines, you wana risk that?? I had one was $650. Don't want another one lol.

Something needs to happen I don't know what options there are. Reality is there won't be an import scene soon so enjoy it while you can.

I don't know if that will work, your car becomes unregistered if in another state for longer than 1 month or something. So they will be handing out no reg fines, you wana risk that?? I had one was $650. Don't want another one lol.

Something needs to happen I don't know what options there are. Reality is there won't be an import scene soon so enjoy it while you can.

how the f**k did that happen? $650 for what? how did they prove that you weren't in the 'said' other state ?

well the inter state thing is all good and fine...if you know someone whose house you can rego it at........and what about your liscence then when they check? and your car is registered hundreds of km's away from where you live?

sry this doesnt work anymore. it may have a long time ago. and yes there is a short amount of time your aloud to keep your interstate rego so you can sort your shite out and get it transfered over.

I know the loophole was closed on demerit points not being shared etc but I can't see how they can tell or care how long you have been out of the state. I have cousins in Melbourne, as soon as I cop my first defect off my car goes to get re-registered down south..

how the f**k did that happen? $650 for what? how did they prove that you weren't in the 'said' other state ?

ha sorry misinterpret, it was a fine as i had no rego because it had expired. but i dont see how it would be any diff, no rego is no rego full stop. its up to the cop to decide whether he should issue one for interstate.

thats the risk i ment and one i wouldn't wana take. and as already posted, your clearly not a "visitor" if your licence is VIC and your car is NSW as your car becomes unregistered as soon as it comes to another state.

ha sorry misinterpret, it was a fine as i had no rego because it had expired. but i dont see how it would be any diff, no rego is no rego full stop. its up to the cop to decide whether he should issue one for interstate.

thats the risk i ment and one i wouldn't wana take. and as already posted, your clearly not a "visitor" if your licence is VIC and your car is NSW as your car becomes unregistered as soon as it comes to another state.

no it doesn't, i have a nsw licence and a qld rego'd car, i spend lots of time in qld and lots of time in NSW, they would have to prove that you've spent more time in one state or another. how the hell is a traffic cop going to do that? Sometimes i move up north for work and i have my qld rego'd car back in qld but with my NSW licence. Like i'm supposed to change the rego of my car and my licence every time i spend a few months north or south....

Well done with those figures, it means nothing really. The point is, that driving a modded car means fines harassment whether you r driving in a legal and safe manner OR not AND when you got dicks handing out tickets for no reason other than ' they can ' it dont matter is the cost if it costs 1 dollar or in the hundreds, It shouldn't happen. Since it does happen, best practice is rego interstate, easy no fuss. I

well given that there are plenty of hoons who drive imports, and plenty of imports with illegal mods, why shouldn't it happen? a lot of import owners also drive around in areas and at times where the police are out in force, where they will pull people over regardless of what they drive. everyone who buys an import knows that they are a cop magnet, yet they still buy them and then plenty have a sook about it. if i bought a crocodile and it tried to eat me i wouldn't have a sook about it.