SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

Do you run coilovers? Have your rears scrubbed out when crabwalking really steep driveways? I want 265's on the rear now...

no coilovers just really really low springs and they havent scrubbed on steep driveways, only scrubs on big bumps if im going fast enough

dont get +40 pinch.gif atleast get +35 or somewhere around that

even with my 9.5 +34 i could go atleast +30 without rubbing and still they wouldnt stick out.

Hmm.. so what would you recommend out of these two:

18x8.5 +35 Front and 18x9 +32 Rear

OR

18x8.5 +35 Front and 18x9.5 +40 Rear

No guard rolling, don't want it to scrub of course either.

With your idea, would going for a +32 (even if it's 9") be a better fitment to the outer guard? Not really after "big width" rather just a nice look.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with getting my head around all the offsets etc..

Im looking at getting 19" x 9.5 +22 but im not sure if they will fit.. Everyone else seems to run 18"s only.. I just want something different..

My car has coilovers but is at about standard height.. The body kit should make it look like its a bit lower to the ground as I dont want to lower it because they wheels may not fit with out rolling the guards..

Pics would be sweet when you get it done :yes:

Running cr kai's - F: 18x8.5 + 30 (from memory) with 225 rubber R: 18x9.5 + 38 with 265 rubber.

Conservative (no rubbing issues), fill the guards with no work done, look nice. Excuse quick photo (bad quality)

post-76525-0-68194600-1331522485_thumb.jpg

Edited by TM7GTR

I could do with a bit of advise.

About to buy TE37's:

Front: 18" 8.5 +30

Rear: 18" 9.5 +40

Am I going to have any issues?

Will be fine, exactly what I am running except my rears are +38 offset. +40 is the offset of the stockies I believe

The only issue you're going to have is that the wheels have flat spokes :down:

The fronts will be fairly flat but my rears have a bit of concavity, and only 2 offset lower.

TE37's are pretty exxy though, have you looked at Varrstoens's or Rota Grids?

The fronts will be fairly flat but my rears have a bit of concavity, and only 2 offset lower.

I have never seen 9.5s in that offset with concavity :huh:

18x9.5 +22 at the back will sort that out though :thumbsup:

TE37's are pretty exxy though, have you looked at Varrstoens's or Rota Grids?

:sick:

The TE37 is a proven strong, light wheel that is FAR superior to the above mentioned.

I have never seen 9.5s in that offset with concavity :huh:

18x9.5 +22 at the back will sort that out though :thumbsup:

:sick:

The TE37 is a proven strong, light wheel that is FAR superior to the above mentioned.

They aren't crazy concave of course, but they are far from flat. TE37's easily one of the best ever, and the cost reflects so.

The only reason I mention it, is I've found a set for $2500 delivered, seem alright condition, in the above offset I mentioned.

So as long as +40 will fit, I'll deal with the cosmetic aftershock. At least they will fit nicely, regardless of the outter face concavity.

I hope. ;)

Boss looking wheel and that sounds like a good price.

Your fitment will be conservative and require no mods but I guess you always have the option of spacers if you want a bit more of an agressive look.