SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

Hey guys!

Went out and got 235/40/18 all round for my 18x9,5j et26..

Looked like this:

11825608_1125171084217480_85036708787422

But I went out and got another set of wheels :yes:

OEM R34 GTR wheels to be exact...

What would you recommend for those....was leaning toward 235/40 but would be a shame if I could pull of a wider tyre size and didnt go for it.

Dont want to roll the guards or anything. Car has coilovers and will be dropped the lowest it can go with these wheels :)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

What look are you after? Since you didn't bother to read this thread no state that.

Just looking for function as its a track car mainly. All I want to know is whats the maximum I can go with standard guards. Will consider a little guard roll if I have too

Just looking for function as its a track car mainly. All I want to know is whats the maximum I can go with standard guards. Will consider a little guard roll if I have too

youl have to be a bit more specific mate, if youv got a 17" wheel... to get an offset for you.. wel need to know what width wheel also.. and tyre size will also come into factor for clearance.. if the standard wheel is 17x7.5 and around +40 then youl want to bring the offset down to around +20 for that wheel to get a decent flush fitment.. just adjust for your width and tyres :)

Anyone have an idea if 17x7 et40 will fit a 25gtt with 215/45/17 all round?

Yes it will fit but like junkie said it's skinnier than the GTT stockies (17x7.5 ET40) so what's the point?

Stockies can be had for around $200 for a set, I've got one for the street and another for track, they work a treat with 20mm spacers too.

Downsides: heavy, and won't clear big brakes.

No worries, thanks guys. Only wondering since I got offered a set of nice white volks with toyo tyres that have 90% tred on them all round for $300 and the tyres on mine are toast.

Ah ok, good price but. Make sure you check tyre load capacity first to make sure it's not too low for the heavy gtt.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

577a60c30666b_ImageUploadedBySAUCommunit

577a61d894418_ImageUploadedBySAUCommunit

577a61f1eaa34_ImageUploadedBySAUCommunit

One for the list, 4 door

18x9.5 +26, 245/40 all round

Fronts I had to roll and pull the guards, rear I have just rolled the lip a little. Camber is 1.5 front and 1 rear

Nismo Stune suspension so it's not overly low, firm but not hard Spring rates

Good clearance on suspension on full lock etc

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have a '98 R34 GT-T. 

I had some Rota Grid 18x9.5 +35 and 18x10.5 +35 with 235/40 tires. 

Fitment looked good but the fronts actually scrubbed on the inside suspension when turning too far. The 235's on the 10.5's were also a bit TOO stretched for my taste.

So today I just installed some Work Emotion 11R 18x9.5 +20's all around and kept the 235/40 tires. The fitment looks perfectly flush with the rear fenders but sticks out considerably on the front. VERY aggressive but it DOES fit with stock fenders and doesn't scrub. I like it. I don't intend to roll. I'm running stock GT-R shocks/struts.

Pics:

C225EEB7-3802-4046-AD97-10790DA7A23C_zps

81050FCF-1B5C-40F3-94CB-92EF96C008E1_zps

97E5D908-5A53-46C5-A43C-5771137A6314_zps

Edited by YoshiFD3S

Hi Everyone, hopefully not going off topic here

Been searching for a few hours regarding SSR wheel disk types (specifically SSR SP3) and can't find out if a super low disk or even normal disk will clear the GTT front brakes, people run hyper disc to clear brembos on their Evo's and Gtr's but I'd like as much dish as possible for my wheel width.

Hey guys, 

Have had a read around, however just wanted clarification. Am looking at ordering some Rota Grids for my R34 GTT.

Have settled on 18 x 8.5 + 30 all around. From what I've picked up online, that should be fit easily no scrubbing etc, correct? I'm basing this off how GTR sized (18 x 9 + 30) are supposed to be a great fit on a GTT.

Cheers.