SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

On 27/08/2016 at 9:15 PM, YoshiFD3S said:

I have a '98 R34 GT-T. 

I had some Rota Grid 18x9.5 +35 and 18x10.5 +35 with 235/40 tires. 

Fitment looked good but the fronts actually scrubbed on the inside suspension when turning too far. The 235's on the 10.5's were also a bit TOO stretched for my taste.

So today I just installed some Work Emotion 11R 18x9.5 +20's all around and kept the 235/40 tires. The fitment looks perfectly flush with the rear fenders but sticks out considerably on the front. VERY aggressive but it DOES fit with stock fenders and doesn't scrub. I like it. I don't intend to roll. I'm running stock GT-R shocks/struts.

Pics:

C225EEB7-3802-4046-AD97-10790DA7A23C_zps

81050FCF-1B5C-40F3-94CB-92EF96C008E1_zps

97E5D908-5A53-46C5-A43C-5771137A6314_zps

mate i saw this in the for sale section, and seeing your in adelaide do yourself a favour and get your front and rear arches flared! If not you will last about 5mins before you get defected.

Or slightly flare the rear guards and sell the fronts and buy offsets that fit. Dont mean this to be a dick but being in Adelaide your not going to go long with them on without a defect

On ‎1‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, Adz2332 said:

mate i saw this in the for sale section, and seeing your in adelaide do yourself a favour and get your front and rear arches flared! If not you will last about 5mins before you get defected.

Or slightly flare the rear guards and sell the fronts and buy offsets that fit. Dont mean this to be a dick but being in Adelaide your not going to go long with them on without a defect

Thank you. I stand corrected as they have been scrubbing a bit, so I intend to roll and pull the guards a bit. Thanks again.

I got pulled over about 10mins after fitting mine and issued with a cautionary defect (9.5 +26)

The guy was pretty good about it after I'd explained I had literally just left the tyre place and was waiting to see what I needed to do to make the fronts fit

Unlucky, yes, but I couldn't really drive it hard without scrubbing anyway so I needed to do it

The rest of the car was checked and apart from a low hanging exhaust he let me off with a written caution

He said as long as nothing poked looking straight down over the front and rear guards I should be fine

I had to pull my front guards quite a bit to make it all fit flush. Given that one guard needed to be repaired I just heated them up with a heat gun and pulled them by hand and rolled the lips with a round piece of timber

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy some 19" or 20" alloys for my skyline

It is a 1998 Gtt R34.
Looking at most websites, when you input the car details, it is returning 19" as max.
Do you know if fitting 20" is possible ?

if not, would 19"x 9.5 with 265 and 19x8.5-9 with 245 for front work ?

what are the issues with bigger wheels I should be aware of ?

I am getting a low offset ones(curved inside) . I guess clearence from suspension is important, not hitting fender and guards. what else?

does above impact handling ? Is wider alloy at back a good idea?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, ive been lurking this post for a while trying to find similar measurements and it seems like my fitment would work but i thought i might as well run it past you guys just to double check before purchasing.

So the measurements are as follows 
front 18x8.5 + 30 Tyres 235/40
Rear 18x9.5 + 38 Tyres 265/35

I didnt want it to look too aggressive and poke so much. Just a flush snug look. 

Any tips/help would be appreciated! 

15 hours ago, DecipherBee said:

So the measurements are as follows 
front 18x8.5 + 30 Tyres 235/40
Rear 18x9.5 + 38 Tyres 265/35

I'm no expert, but will help where I can.

Fronts will be fine, I run the same on mine and I'm happy with it.

Rears, i'm not too sure. Think 265 may be too big with 9.5. Someone else may be able to confirm on the rears.  

28 minutes ago, RR34GTT said:

Rears, i'm not too sure. Think 265 may be too big with 9.5. Someone else may be able to confirm on the rears.  

If you're a stancebro, yeah 265 is too wide for a 9.5 lol.

Bronson, your specs are perfect, throw them on and enjoy. E.g.:

1 hour ago, niZmO_Man said:

If you're a stancebro, yeah 265 is too wide for a 9.5 lol.

Bronson, your specs are perfect, throw them on and enjoy. E.g.:

Ah right. Thanks for the correction!

As per one of my early posts in this thread, I'm running 18x8.5" +30 on the front & 18x9.5" +38 on the rear, with LMGT4 -- same specs as what you're looking at.

I run 255/35R18 on the rears, and it's a good fit.  I looked into 265, but to my mind it's getting too far away from the factory rolling diameter, and would upset the speedo too much (though I believe it's still within legal limits, but it's been a few years since I checked the specs).

Good luck with your wheel choices :)

• Like 1

As per one of my early posts in this thread, I'm running 18x8.5" +30 on the front & 18x9.5" +38 on the rear, with LMGT4 -- same specs as what you're looking at.
I run 255/35R18 on the rears, and it's a good fit.  I looked into 265, but to my mind it's getting too far away from the factory rolling diameter, and would upset the speedo too much (though I believe it's still within legal limits, but it's been a few years since I checked the specs).
Good luck with your wheel choices [emoji4]

That's the reassurance i wanted to hear ahah. Do you scrub at all? And do you mind sending snaps of the fitment?

5 hours ago, DecipherBee said:

That's the reassurance i wanted to hear ahah. Do you scrub at all? And do you mind sending snaps of the fitment?

At my ride height (a little - maybe 5mm - below minimum legal) there's a small amount of scrubbing on the front, at full lock, when going up steep driveways, etc. It's pretty minor, and it hasn't really bothered me.  When I had to get the car re-sprayed I did have them roll up the rear guard as a precaution (though it was entirely un-necessary). The front guards are untouched.

As I understand it in - at least in SA - you can go up to 26mm more wheel track legally.  With this wheel offset, there should be around 20mm wider track on the front and 4mm on the rear.  It's very much on the edge of pushing outside the guards, but I've had anal police officers look over it, and give it the go-ahead with no defects - but your mileage may vary.  I'm not running any crazy-excessive camber (I think a little over 1 degree front/rear) - with the standard approach of Whiteline adjustable camber kits front and rear (there's also Whiteline castor kit, subframe bushes, adjustable sway bars, etc).

20140823_shoot3.jpg

20140823_shoot5.jpg

20140823_shoot2.jpg

Anyway, I hope that helps with decision-making.

At my ride height (a little - maybe 5mm - below minimum legal) there's a small amount of scrubbing on the front, at full lock, when going up steep driveways, etc. It's pretty minor, and it hasn't really bothered me.  When I had to get the car re-sprayed I did have them roll up the rear guard as a precaution (though it was entirely un-necessary). The front guards are untouched.
As I understand it in - at least in SA - you can go up to 26mm more wheel track legally.  With this wheel offset, there should be around 20mm wider track on the front and 4mm on the rear.  It's very much on the edge of pushing outside the guards, but I've had anal police officers look over it, and give it the go-ahead with no defects - but your mileage may vary.  I'm not running any crazy-excessive camber (I think a little over 1 degree front/rear) - with the standard approach of Whiteline adjustable camber kits front and rear (there's also Whiteline castor kit, subframe bushes, adjustable sway bars, etc).
20140823_shoot3.jpg
20140823_shoot5.jpg
20140823_shoot2.jpg
Anyway, I hope that helps with decision-making.

That was insight full, i guess I'm safe. A little scrub here and there wouldn't hurt and if i want to avoid scrubing etc i can simply raise it. Thanks good man!

Ps: looking mint [emoji108]

• 1 month later...

Been browsing through this thread too. lots of people close but not the same as the size and offset im looking at
CST Hyper Zero 1's in 18x9 +30 on a lowered R34 GTT Coupe.

Not concerned with stance or anything just dont want to have to modify the guards. and dont want to lose much turning lock (gf loves to apply full lock when in car parks etc)

What do you think? Appreciate any insights :)