SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

I'm looking at getting some Enkei RPF1s in SBC, going for a 18.85 +40 possibly for the front. Anyone know if this will fit okay or would I need to go closer to +30?

On 10/21/2018 at 8:55 PM, Gazzaa said:

Kinkstaah is right, the wheels will never fit but with stretched tyres you might be ok. You will need 235/30 for the front And likely 255/25 for the rear

i tried to get heroic and squeeze 275’s on the back but the passenger side has scrubbed away about 2mm of sidewall. With a +25 offset I’m gonn need to downsize to 265/35/18

I also adjusted the camber to negative 1.25 degrees

4013F0F8-AC65-4970-BE34-8C0FE330E414.jpeg

216E826C-BEC1-47A2-88D1-6435123DCAE0.jpeg

The wheels have 215/35 and 225/35 on them. I’m ok to roll fenders but if it’s gonna be sticking way too far out i’d rather not waste the money.

thanks for the advice guys. Maybe i’ll try and find 18x9.5 +22 and run staggered tires

7 minutes ago, kyl_er34 said:

If I were to go the 40, would it poke or something?

The higher the offset, the closer to the car. +40 will not fit as you will hit the suspension unless you are using a really skinny wheel. Try to stick between +25 and +35, width depending

11 hours ago, Ryno34 said:

The wheels have 215/35 and 225/35 on them. I’m ok to roll fenders but if it’s gonna be sticking way too far out i’d rather not waste the money.

thanks for the advice guys. Maybe i’ll try and find 18x9.5 +22 and run staggered tires

That doesn’t sound right for a 10.5. I’m not saying it’s impossible but the tyres would be completely stretched to their limits, plus with such a low sidewall, its not the correct fitment for a r34.

i have. 235/40 stretched over a 9.5 wheel up front

the 10.5 will 100% poke out but with a stretched 255/35 or 245/40 you might be in luck

it mostly comes down to ride height and your suspension set up 

this is how the 235/40 looks on the 9.5 (+20)

00045788-ED12-4CE7-9845-32227CC16CF9.jpeg

23 hours ago, Gazzaa said:

The higher the offset, the closer to the car. +40 will not fit as you will hit the suspension unless you are using a really skinny wheel. Try to stick between +25 and +35, width depending

13 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

As mentioned above, higher positive number = closer to strut.

Nismo sizes: 8.5" +35, 9.5 +38

Okay well that rules out the +40s. So hard to find the right size in this colour I want. Would I be able to fit a 10/10.5 on the rear of a R34?

Your idea of 'fit' is different to others (and different to mine, which is also different to others)

10 +38 is a relatively common size at the rear of the R34.

With a square setup, the rear of the R34 pokes more than the front does, which was a surprise to me when I put on a square set of rims, or at least it did on my own car.

Like all things - What do you want to do with the car? This will determine what kind of fitment you really want. Talking 225 on 10's means I'm not the best person to advise as I am a more 265 at the front on a 9in rim kind of guy.

But making it fit is a question of maths and geometry really.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:35 AM, Kinkstaah said:

Your idea of 'fit' is different to others (and different to mine, which is also different to others)

10 +38 is a relatively common size at the rear of the R34.

With a square setup, the rear of the R34 pokes more than the front does, which was a surprise to me when I put on a square set of rims, or at least it did on my own car.

Like all things - What do you want to do with the car? This will determine what kind of fitment you really want. Talking 225 on 10's means I'm not the best person to advise as I am a more 265 at the front on a 9in rim kind of guy.

But making it fit is a question of maths and geometry really.

shit man, the coupe must be different to the sedan because im running 10.5 +25 on the rear and im about 7mm from touching the coilovers lol. +38 id have no chance.

i guess these things are best to just lie under the car with a tape measure

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=265&aspect=35&diameter=18&wheelwidth=10&offset=38&width2=265&aspect2=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=10-5&offset2=25

According to this, it'd be 6.8mm closer to the suspension Strut. 

Note, did say 10 +38, not 10.5 +38. I had a 9.5 +27 on the back so I obviously had much more room on both sides.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:30 AM, Gazzaa said:

That doesn’t sound right for a 10.5. I’m not saying it’s impossible but the tyres would be completely stretched to their limits, plus with such a low sidewall, its not the correct fitment for a r34.

i have. 235/40 stretched over a 9.5 wheel up front

the 10.5 will 100% poke out but with a stretched 255/35 or 245/40 you might be in luck

it mostly comes down to ride height and your suspension set up 

this is how the 235/40 looks on the 9.5 (+20)

00045788-ED12-4CE7-9845-32227CC16CF9.jpeg

This is just my personal opinion but do not stretch your tires too much or else it makes the wheel look like hub caps. 

55 minutes ago, Robocop2310 said:

This is just my personal opinion but do not stretch your tires too much or else it makes the wheel look like hub caps.

As if that's the reason to not stretch like that!  How about driving on the sidewall?  Or loading the sidewall completely contrarily to how the engineer designed it to be loaded?  Or how about setting it up to be popped off the rim edge when you hit a rock?  Or completely defeating the point of rim protectors on the sidewall of the tyre?  Or ruining the dynamic performance of the tyre?

Edited by GTSBoy

7 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

As if that's the reason to not stretch like that!  How about driving on the sidewall?  Or loading the sidewall completely contrarily to how the engineer designed it to be loaded?  Or how about setting it up to be popped off the rim edge when you hit a rock?  Or completely defeating the point of rim protectors on the sidewall of the tyre?  Or ruining the dynamic performance of the tyre?

Well yes, and all that too! 

But my pet hate is “Stance nation” crazy camber. I just don’t get it.

16 hours ago, demiosdd said:

How about 18x9+40 245/40/18 all round 

The offset is too low for the front I believe.

Use the website willtheyfit and put in your current setup, get the measurements, grab a tape measure and see the difference for yourself.

1 hour ago, demiosdd said:

Yeah I don’t know the setup atm I want to run 18x9s all round if I can with out the wheel sticking out 

18x9 + 30 is what you’re after my friend