SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate,

No not yet. I'll be look at maybe next year for my setup. Leaning toward a set of LMGT4's atm. Was thinking of D1R but i just think the Nismo wheels look amazing. Just the price, but hey, you pay for quality. I think i'll be looking at just running GTR sizes/offset if i can find a set in that size. Most people seem to put the GTR wheels on without any issues, unless the car is really low.

Hey mate,

No not yet. I'll be look at maybe next year for my setup. Leaning toward a set of LMGT4's atm. Was thinking of D1R but i just think the Nismo wheels look amazing. Just the price, but hey, you pay for quality. I think i'll be looking at just running GTR sizes/offset if i can find a set in that size. Most people seem to put the GTR wheels on without any issues, unless the car is really low.

LMGT4's are discontinued as well. That's also why they demand the price they do.

But you'll never have a problem re-selling them if you ever feel the need

Just for those who might come along later reading this as I did.

I just purchased Rota DPT's in 18x9.5 +22 .. They have 235/40R18 tyres on them so a little stretch and they clear fine (98 R34 GTT).

The front wheels appear to sit about 1.5-2cm out but the tyre fits the guards easily. The rears sit maybe 1cm if that out so tyre clearance is even better there.

Only suspension mod is King Springs. I rolled the rear guards in anticipation but definitely not needed :)

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Just for those who might come along later reading this as I did.

I just purchased Rota DPT's in 18x9.5 +22 .. They have 235/40R18 tyres on them so a little stretch and they clear fine (98 R34 GTT).

The front wheels appear to sit about 1.5-2cm out but the tyre fits the guards easily. The rears sit maybe 1cm if that out so tyre clearance is even better there.

Only suspension mod is King Springs. I rolled the rear guards in anticipation but definitely not needed :)

Tim

No rubbing at fulllock etc or when you hit a hump

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got myself a set of wheels! LMGT4's, 8.5/9.5 in 18". Now i'm just considering the tyre sizes.

Rears i'm pretty set on using a 255/35/18.

Fronts, i'm debating between a 225/40 or 235/40. Nismo recommends a 225, but most people say go for a 235.

Also, what's a good tyre to use? I keep seeing alot about Fed 595 SS's or KU31's. Also looking at Sumitomo HTR ZIII's.

I have LMGT4 8.5 and 9.5 too.

I went Bridgestone Potenza S001 225/40 on the front and 255/35 on the rear - handles amazingly :)

Best thing about this size is it nearly perfectly matches the factory sizes, so no issues with speedometer being out, etc.

Nope, not even close mate! They are spot on! I have run 275's on the back no problem too!

I am assuming your offset is similar than mine... You should be able to get plenty of cheap tyres...