SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was looking at a set of Nismo Lm Gt4 (18 X 8.5 +25, 18 X 9.5 +30) for a GTT
Will they fit inside the guards or poke out? Will they need to be rolled?

i have exact same wheels and offset. They fit perfectly i had to roll my rear guards to run a 275 tyre at the back. Does scrub on quick full lock nothing major. Ill post pics or check in my thread if your in a hurry

• 3 weeks later...

about to get some wheels for my r34 GTT, just wondering if I'll have any problems with (front) 18x9.5 +18 (rear) 18x10 +15? thinking im gonna need some guard work.

Yes, you would need camber + guard work... those sizes are GTR sizing

lol.. TM7GTR I'm not mad bro :P

They actually fit, but the rears do need a small roll - they occasionally scrape if going over bumps in the road.

Here are some pics with the new wheels fitted18x9.5 front 18x10.5 rear.

DSC_5381.jpg

DSC_5372.jpg

what is the name of those rims? anyone know???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im about to purchase some new wheels and am after some advice of other 34 owners,

the rims i previously had on were F - 18x9+15 & R - 18x10+15

but they needed the rear guards rolled and more camber in the rear to sit flush and be legal (rear lip was about 20mm out)

IMG_2383_zps47577159.jpg

im planning to get the same size but larger offsets, F 27 & R 35 because i want to lower the car another inch or so,

basically im wondering what if any advantages there are of running a higher offset compared to a smaller rim or if i should just stick with the old offset and run more camber and flair the rear guards slightly to fit them

Shoujiki that looks mint!

Bit of a hijack here also. Looking at Koya Drift Teks in a 18x8.5 +30 Front and 18x9.5 +38 rears. From what i believe i wont need to do much (if at all) to fit those in nicely.

Theyre very similar to the LM GT4 in regards to offsets from what ive heard.

Spare me the "buy better wheels speech" as its literally not an option :P (as much as i wish i could wait, need to be able to drive asap hehe )

Not at all really. Turns in like it's on rails. Also have Whiteline F+R adjustable sway bars and Tein Super Street coils in it, so that may help.

If you look on the Nismo website under applications for the LMGT4 wheel, the specs I have is what Nismo recommend as perfect fit and performance for the RWD platform.

Yeah sweet i cant imagine there would ultimately be much difference between the wheels.

I have $2K BC coilovers so we're in the same vote kinda.

Might do 18x8.5 +30 fronts and 18x9.5 +38 rears :)

Will post photos when they are on :)