SAU Community

Project: Beefcake

JEPPE

I didn't say they weren't essential; I said from what I've been advised by multiple sources, if you're taking a protein shake regularly then you're getting all you need and don't require taking further BCAA supplement. *Most* shakes will contain ~5g of BCAAs per serve these days.

I know, its all good. Just saying more is better than less :)

Also, many Protein shakes include only a handful of the 20 (by memory) essential amin acids whereas a good BCAA powder should have a mix of most, if not all.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So! It's been one month since I started exercising and the initial aim was to work out five days a week. I haven't been able to complete more than four days because of the fatigue so this became my first goal.

This week I've already worked out 4 times, even though I'm tired I'm still feeling in control (usually I'm balling my eyes out by 3 days, no joke). So it's looking pretty good. No wait... pretty awesome. Yep. Will see by the end of Sunday ^_^

Just praying that my muscles are actually able to repair themselves and not fading away counter productively :ermm: *paranoia-paranoia*

Put up a conservative pic lol, Just casual clothing. we don't expect something where you're in a bikini or tights.....what do you think we are, animals? Actually, don't answer that....

lol, the pics I had you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not really the self concious type so would rather have relevant consistent photos for my records as well. Voilà:

404851_10151277707885008_556690007_22840595_2147388328_n.jpg

Props for posting pics...now you HAVE to stick to exercise hahaha. We expect regular updates :thumbsup:

You've got good foundations to start off with...some solid natural muscle...and...looking at your leg/hip shape, by the time you're done with your weight loss, you will end up with something of a gap (for now it's a pixel) :P

Thanks gais :)

Well I did it... just got back from my run, my fifth day of exercise this week! Gold star for me :P

I was also able to do 6 x 10 push ups compared to 6 x 5 from 3 weeks ago so am very happy with that and even more happy that it pretty much confirms that my muscles aren't wasting away.

The last two days I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something gland related, considered skipping today to get well but couldn't resist taking advantage of not having my normal fatigue. Here's hoping I didn't tip the scale. :unsure:

Now I have to think up a new goal :happy:

Congrats, you've effectively doubled your productivity in the space of 3 weeks...looks like your muscles can repair and rebuild afterall ;)

New goal = more reps on all your resistance exercises + slightly faster times for running without fatiguing!

you have to see this stuff as long term... no use busting your balls (so to speak) to make 5 days if your going to come down with an illness or injury and have to take weeks off completely and be back at square one

if you feel like your coming down with something take the day off, or go for a walk if you can't bare not doing anything

you don't need to lose that much fat anyway, your stomach is super flat... a bit of shape is good for a girl, nothing worse than a flat arse!

ps. your posture is excellent, can't stand it when girls slouch

Get to bed and get a good night's sleep then! :)

Actually I haven't been sleeping very well recently and that could have been part of it. Seems only to have been since I've upped the exercise >_<

you have to see this stuff as long term... no use busting your balls (so to speak) to make 5 days if your going to come down with an illness or injury and have to take weeks off completely and be back at square one

if you feel like your coming down with something take the day off, or go for a walk if you can't bare not doing anything

I... have trouble holding myself back. This fortunately compliments most things but I know health is different, have accidentally overdone it plenty of times with the fatigue.

I told myself I would 'go easy' on my run last night. Usually it takes me 52:--... last night it took me 53:-- >_<. Once I got running I just went by feel, and it felt ok. Afterwards the endorphins meant I felt better than I had for the last two days.

Aaaaand, today I feel better! So I guess I did ok with that gamble but I appreciate the importance of letting my body rest and I agree with you it's not worth it. Just wanted to test what I could handle with these new limits I have since feeling better. If I hadn't exercised I never would have known.

you don't need to lose that much fat anyway, your stomach is super flat... a bit of shape is good for a girl, nothing worse than a flat arse!

ps. your posture is excellent, can't stand it when girls slouch

Thanks! I'm lucky to have the posture, some people can't get out of a slouch even if they try.

1000 Steps tomorrow! :yes:

Going well this week, up to 4 days today and am ready to do another tomorrow so this should be pretty consistent from now on.

Upped my run from 3km run + 4km walk to 4km run + 3km walk. 2 out of 3 runs this week were like this. Seem to be getting through it without major consequence :)

Only negatives have been a constant headache for the last week and wack sleeping patterns, got to the point where I was exhausted but wide awake until 3.30am then back up at 8.30. Ended up just burning out the next day and sleeping for 12 hours. Not sure if this is because the supplements are working, I've stopped drinking coffee since that day and I seem to be slightly better. Good sleep is precious right now!

From tonight:

423422_10151313909010008_556690007_22941010_1822291696_n.jpg

not sure when you stopped drinking the coffee in relation to the headaches but if I stop cold tu.rkey the lack of caffeine will give me a headache?

not sure what's not to understand about that article, pretty clear if you ask me... I think its relevant for OP because she has stated that she not only wants to drop a few kgs but she also wants to be a better bike rider... bike riding has a big strength component, they're heavy and powerful and need a lot of strength to be ridden at 100%

hopefully your sleep patterns will return to normal once you settle into a routine

Edited by NickR33

OP has CFS.

has a goal to look fit and be better at riding.

yet she runs and apart from squats, is doing nothing beneficial for either of her goals.

Article shows a chick who was not happy with herself, who went down the path of running and dieting etc etc. still felt like shit.

then started to eat more and focus on lifting.

now looks and feels heaps better and is much stronger.

How do you not understand it?

How do you go 2 pages without suggesting that she should stop running?

What little energy you have should be used for lifting.. not jogging and creating awesome looking charts.

Casey Stoner weighs 58kg...she needs the endurance and athleticism of a jockey, not the strength of a power lifter. When was the last time you saw Rossi doing a 100kg bench press?

Article was a nice little success story written to promote a business and it's practices, but it did annoy me in a couple of ways. First and foremost being the total discreditation of that girl's initial 53 pound weight loss, which is largely responsible for her current figure being as trim as it is. Had she gone straight into lifting from her 170 pound figure, based on her muscle gain since lifting she'd probably be sitting not so pretty at around 180 pounds @ 5'4. Weight loss then becomes much more difficult with a sustained high calorie intake. Don't know about you guys, but I thought she looked awesome at 117 pounds. Girls don't need a shit ton of muscle to look good. Also getting tired of this mantra: Fat? Lift. Pregnant? Lift. Marathon runner? Lift. Got an alcohol addiction? Lift.

Anyway, that girl's goals are now completely different to OP, particularly with her stating that she no longer cares about how big she looks...she's happy as long as she can deadlift 320lb. Good for her, she won't be winning any running or motorbike races. I also see no mention of her racing motorbikes or suffering from CFS and glandular fever. The idea behind OP's current plan is to drop the weight and ease into the muscle building process, then turn to weights for some extra strength whilst keeping the weight down to benefit riding.

Casey Stoner weighs 58kg...she needs the endurance and athleticism of a jockey, not the strength of a power lifter. When was the last time you saw Rossi doing a 100kg bench press?

Article was a nice little success story written to promote a business and it's practices, but it did annoy me in a couple of ways. First and foremost being the total discreditation of that girl's initial 53 pound weight loss, which is largely responsible for her current figure being as trim as it is. Had she gone straight into lifting from her 170 pound figure, based on her muscle gain since lifting she'd probably be sitting not so pretty at around 180 pounds @ 5'4. Weight loss then becomes much more difficult with a sustained high calorie intake. Don't know about you guys, but I thought she looked awesome at 117 pounds. Girls don't need a shit ton of muscle to look good. Also getting tired of this mantra: Fat? Lift. Pregnant? Lift. Marathon runner? Lift. Got an alcohol addiction? Lift.

Anyway, that girl's goals are now completely different to OP, particularly with her stating that she no longer cares about how big she looks...she's happy as long as she can deadlift 320lb. Good for her, she won't be winning any running or motorbike races. I also see no mention of her racing motorbikes or suffering from CFS and glandular fever. The idea behind OP's current plan is to drop the weight and ease into the muscle building process, then turn to weights for some extra strength whilst keeping the weight down to benefit riding.

This. Also, lol.