SAU Community

Smoked Tail Lights On Yellow R34 Gtr

GTR-34A

Hello,

I have abit of a yellow and black theme going on with my car and am considering what smoked tail light would look like?

Does anyone have any info on products avaliable? dont really want to 'spray' them, would prefer if a proper smoked tail light was made for them (although i have searched with no luck?)...

any information would be helpful.

Heres some pics of my car to get an idea.

gallery_85191_4683_339800.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_273881.jpg

Really not sure if it would look good or not?.... let me know what you think?

Cheers,

Anthony

^Cheers mate

I think it has the potential to look good... im just not sure on it?...

i know you can get tint plastic that you can stick to the lights, anyone used them before?

any pics of what people of done, and how they have done it would be great.

Cheers,

Anthony

Don't do it.

a) It will look like ass

b) Skylines trademark are their awesome red round taillights, why would you want anything else back there?

+1

Plus smoked lights on a yellow banana will look ugs !

To answer your question, you will have to spray them - only indicators come pre-smoked, everything else has to be sprayed.

Thanks for the input guys

Don't do it.

a) It will look like ass

b) Skylines trademark are their awesome red round taillights, why would you want anything else back there?

I do agree with this, i think making a substantial change to the rear tail lights could take away the classic 'skyline' look of the car... would look very different..

IMHO

Looks good in daytime

Looks crap at night

Worst of all, I'd be concerned about a night driver with impaired reflexes, hitting me up the backside.

I was more interested in finding an actual product (similar to the nismo smoked indicators, which in no way hinder the lights underneath), aswell i wouldnt want to dim the lights on the back for the same reason as you ha.

Cheers,

Anthony

Stock tail lights over anything else on a GTR.

It's a trade mark in a sense.

Unless you want to lessen the chances of other drivers not seeing you brake lights...

I do not particularly like tinted / smoked tail lights.

Totally agree - stock tail lights on all Skylines are sexy as...and yes a trademark look for sure...smoked lights look arse - but altezza lights or whatever they're called - looks gay-arse!! :domokun:

Thanks for the info and input guys.

Was just throwing the idea around and im pretty sure we have got it sorted.

I dont think its worth it as:

1. dont want to be defected

2. have not seen it done on the 34s where it actually looks really good. as in an actualy product that works, and doesnt dim the lights too much and is functional

3. looks good how it is, and changing it to smoked etc would be a risk that it would most likely look worse.

Cheers,

Anthony

That's good!

Now if your Q had been,

"What body colour of an R34 GTR would best suit or contrast with dark taillights?"

...I would have said Black or Yellow.

And the worst?

I would have said M/Jade or Silica Breath

That's good!

Now if your Q had been,

"What body colour of an R34 GTR would best suit or contrast with dark taillights?"

...I would have said Black or Yellow.

And the worst?

I would have said M/Jade or Silica Breath

ha very true, i think red would also suit dark taillights, i do like the red and black combo aswell, i think on the yellow the dark tail lights stand out too much (just judging from the photo shop above), and the taillight design just doesnt suit them if they are dark imo, where as on other yellow cars it could probably work...

I can only imagine how bad a Jade 34R would look with dark taillights ha!