SAU Community

Nissan To Take On The V8 Supercars!

HYBR3D

They will have a second rate car as it will come out of the Kelly brothers workshop. Not really worried about that.

I just generally wish that the Nismo brand (dont give a fk for the Nissan brand) didnt have to be boganised in order for Nissan to sell some more shtbox Navaras.

I love how everybody makes out that the Nissan brand is so immaculate. Like it enjoys the customers that Mercedes does :( Nissan is cheapsville wanker performance on the whole. So many punks drive Nissans...I would rather bogans than this bunch

ballcap.jpg

85YeahYoureaDouchebag.jpg

No disrespect to people reading that happen to look liek the above...I am just old and out of touch with the times :thumbsup:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like it enjoys the customers that Mercedes does. Nissan is cheapsville wanker performance on the whole.

i wouldnt go as far as that roy, mercedes are now engaging nissan to assemble their c-class motors in the US in 2014, due to the failing euro.

mercedes owns 3% of nissan and nissan/renault own 3% of mercedes, so worldwide sales affect both nissan/daimler in a global sense aswell.

Nissan and Mercedes are just swapping technology, whether that will apply to new motors in Nissan cars who knows, but it seems likely they want to launch an Infiniti in Europe with a diesel engine to compete more directly with the other Euro cars.

Daimler will supply Nissan and Infiniti with a number of gasoline and diesel engines from the current and future engine portfolio as well as with automatic transmissions.

"Nissan is going to be building 250,000 Mercedes-Benz 4-cylinder gasoline engines annually at its powertrain assembly plant in Decherd, Tenn. (The Decherd facility will produce engines for Mercedes-Benz and Infiniti models.) The move helps Mercedes overcome instability in the Euro because the engines are going to put into the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, being built at Daimler’s vehicle plant in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The engine uilding alliance begins in 2014.

Nissan began powertrain assembly in Decherd in 1997. Today it manufactures 4-, 6- and 8-cylinder engines for the complete lineup of U.S.-produced Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. The plant also houses crankshaft forging and cylinder block casting operations. In 2011, Decherd produced more than 580,000 engines on a covered area of more than 1.2 million square feet (111,000 square meters)."

I love how everybody makes out that the Nissan brand is so immaculate. Like it enjoys the customers that Mercedes does :( Nissan is cheapsville wanker performance on the whole. So many punks drive Nissans...I would rather bogans than this bunch

ballcap.jpg

85YeahYoureaDouchebag.jpg

No disrespect to people reading that happen to look liek the above...I am just old and out of touch with the times :thumbsup:

Hey Roy, where did you find that pic of my cousins ?

Mad:

No I like the colour scheme.

I read that they are keeping Jack Daniels sponsorship. So guessing the livery will be largely black.

I liked the old white, red and blue. But Nissan / Nismo colours these days are predominantly white with red, grey and black highlights....no blue anymore. So expect the car to be heavily black and white with heavy use of red Nissan badging

Alright I don't know what the rules are in regards to posting photos from magazines so I will put them after this post so if a mod wants to delete them it can be done easily. Basically there its the cover story of AutoAction Magazine which is dated February 15-21.