SAU Community

Coloured Wheels Nuts?

Jay_stylz

Where to get genuine Nismo ones?

I have the same setup as Terry on my Nismo LMG3's except I run the longer Nismo lug nuts. I got mine through Nissan Race Shop in the US because at the time the Australian dollar was really strong and they had them on sale so it worked out cheaper then anywhere I could find in the Japan but as you know the dollar is weaker these days (still half decent) so it might pay to check RHDjapan or Nengun first. Currently on the Nissan Race Shop website the Nismo long lug nuts go for around $150USD and the shorter ones $145USD with the valve stem caps being $35USD. Hope that helps

[edit]In regards to the Nismo lug nuts I also did see somewhere not to use a rattle gun on them. I refuse to and whenever I take my car to a shop where the tires have to come off I inform them as well and so far they have been good and not used a rattle gun on them.

Edited by Triptych

• 4 years later...

Bump for this thread. Ive had cheap wheel nuts for quite a few days but now they are not holding up to track days.

What would ppl recommend for track days ? I want strength and reliable

thanks

On ‎1‎/‎03‎/‎2013 at 6:15 AM, JimmyRickard said:

What's the best option for a track only car? Can the genuine Rays nuts strip when using a rattle gun as well?

Best option is to not use aluminium nuts or a rattle gun without a torque bar.

http://www.kctools.com.au/Products/impact-sockets/1-2-drive-torsion-bars/1-2-quot-drive-torsion-bar-2

You can find steel nuts, my recommendation is avoid the open ended ones.  Water will pool in them followed by lovely orange streaks of rust.  I got some ARK design ones ages ago.  They are longer (50mm) to suit the longer Nismo studs.  Cant remember from where maybe ebay maybe direct.

http://www.arkdesign.co.jp/accessory.htm

i dont use alloy/alu nuts because ive had multiple sets destroyed... when I learned my lesson and they were still getting damaged it was the different workshops who worked on the cars. Both my cars run Nismo steel nuts, havent had any problems with them. Bit of copper grease and theyve been good for years.

As far as coloured ones, im not sure, sorry.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...