SAU Community

Shimmy's Super Cpv35

hello everyone.

im new to the forum, and recently bought a cpv35. it is fresh from japan,really nicely tuned already by the previous owner in japan.

here's a teaser..

6707732859_eb33e2fe8a_z.jpg

i'm in SA, and have met a few sau-sa members a while ago through kim from sasupra.hiya guys :)

Edited by szymonsta

Awesome, can't wait to see it up close!

Come to our first SAU:SA club social event and join up - PM me if you want more details. Would love to have another V35 in the club! We have a few, but you can never have too many Vs :)

What car did you drive before - I take it you were at one of the SAU/SASupra track or driver training days? I would have had my old 4 door R34 with gold Gram Lights back then.

• 5 months later...

hi mate nice of you to come up and say hi.

only did 2 runs as the waiting between runs was pretty long and had a family commitment that evening.

best time was a 14.2 - a bit dissapointing!!

a stock 350Z/V35 is meant to do about 14.4 so i was predicting mid 13s for my first time out..

several reasons for performing worse than expected i think:

- inexperience at drag racing and quick launches

- not enough heat in the tyres due to my piddly burnouts (as you mentioned!)

- traction issues off the line

- traction issues changing to 2nd

- being a retard and hitting the rev limiter a couple of times (i think this stems from 6 years of driving a type-r integra that you had to rev the SHIT out of)

i expected not to have as much issues with traction considering my comparatively small power and torque and decent sized street tyres. lesson to be learnt i think is that, like circuit driving, tires can make a HUGE difference!

• 1 month later...

Hey mate welcome to the forums, at least your first run at the drags wasn't as bad as mine - did a pathetic 1 pegger burnout, left VDC ON during the race thinking "this will help my grip" ended up running 16 something HAHA.

Love the white in the V's :)

Also: Always enjoy listening to the announcer when they mention our cars.. "not a GTR just the standard GT series" lol.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...