SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

Yeah, unless that comment was a praise, its completely unhelpful and useless posting that.

If you have some criticism im sure Hybrid1310 would love to hear it. He has taken everything else anyone has said onboard. Stated multiple times that he wants to make what people want.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Simon....youre post was pretty negative....what makes you the expert on quality etc? Thats like me posting on your RB25 build thread "Get a RB26....proper engine instead of the poxy RB25"....................

what do you want me to say? that it looks fantastic? cause it doesnt.

it looks cheap and the price reflects it.. if anything this is a prime example of function over form. which in itself isnt really criticism

And what's the big deal? Function over form is fine if that's what your into. If your into sparkly look at me look at me chrome and stainless, then you wouldn't buy one of these, therefore having no reason to post negative comments.

Iam waiting to get my slr camera to come back then i can get you guys better pictures, i tried to take some pix of the inside of the pipe to show you the welding on the other side. you can see nothing will be flying out. Any ways this is what we can do and if any one is interested then just let me know.

Kam

Hey can you build a low mount manifold for sr20det but not the tuned length Chinese copy you got but tomei expreme copy how much? In the same steam pipe you ise

Every body will have something to say over the internet and i know that from seeing the positive and the not so positive feedback's.

Giving an opinion on a product is fine but calling it "Garbage" or anything negative WITHOUT trying the product yourself is pretty low. I would never go and put down a product without even trying it? Yes this is not a 6boost manifold which will knock your head off with $1200 AUD nor other manifolds which cost the same, if you give me the same amount of money i would be more than happy to put something at the same level. NO one knows how much effort it goes to build a manifold ( except fabricators) we have put together a product for the people who don't want to sell their right kidney just to be able to afford a half decent manifold. We are continuously working on improving our collectors and designs and that's the reason we jumped on here to get your guys feedback's. The people who have ACTUALLY tried the product and the results they have goten they were happy.

The manifolds are made up of mild steel 3mm thick which won't crack like the cheap Chinese manifolds you buy for the same price just because they are shiny. The welds on the last one we did a little bigger than what we normally do but we made it ensuring that it will be bullet proof.

in the next couple of months we will be devolving new designs, but we think for the value of money this is bang for your buck. Something solid and won't crack and your turbo won't hit the rocker cover like most ss ones out there do.

Thanks and if any one require anything flick us a private msg or post up on this thread.

Kam

I'm not putting you down but saying your manifold I'd bulletproof is a big statement iv seen big name manifolds crack. The reason you can do it for the same price is because mild steel is 1/3 the price of stainless. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy one tho I wouldn't as I would make my own

looks good man, and there aint nothing wrong with those welds.

OMG the bead doesnt stop perfectly!! boo hoo. looks awesome for the price

I think that's exactly what Simon said, albeit in a slightly more harsh way. Was a fair enough comment for me, the manifolds look like they have been designed for a tight budget, which they have. The welds aren't perfect but they look strong enough.

Really I think they look exactly as Simon said, they'll do the job but they aren't pretty about it.

It's not a the case but simon-s14 is right it comes down to the welder a good welder will have a better result in the same time maybe less just cos they can set the welder properly and achieve a constant result. If your trying to compete with china manifolds good luck most of the welding on those manifold looks very neat. If the material was a bit thinker and collector neater I recon they would be good. China isn't taking over just cos they breed like rabbits you recon you could make a stainless manifold at that price?

Some of those welds do looked miged up which isnt very appealing but as they said for the price I Spose u get that for some ppl these manis would be a good option for other ppl that can make there own probably are better off to .

Either way if they work as they should who gives a shit

Edited by BOOZTJUNKEY

The last wg port we did was with a mig most of the work we do is with a tig BUT that will not effect the product itself, we have never had a issue with a manifold cracking it's 3mm thick wall mild steel, most Chinese manifolds you buy are half of that in thickness and it's stainless if you can make something same thickness in stainless and for that price then I take my hat off for you. And most Chinese manifolds we have had put on cars don't line up with the studs. Each rb manifold we supply are pre fitted to a head to ensure it lines up. Chinese Companys knocking out stainless shiny thin manifolds don't Just because they have nicer looking welds that doesnt mean it will perform better it may look good but give it a couple months and it will crack, and that's speaking from experience and seeing what people have bought to us, we can't force you to buy our product but we don't make much out of what we do we are trying to get our name out there and like a decent company we try to take what people say to improve our product

From what ive read and going by the responses of kam and how he is willing take on any opinions and work on them is very good and from reviews of ppl actually using them has been good. For me this will definately be an option when im looking at manifolds.

The last wg port we did was with a mig most of the work we do is with a tig BUT that will not effect the product itself, we have never had a issue with a manifold cracking it's 3mm thick wall mild steel, most Chinese manifolds you buy are half of that in thickness and it's stainless if you can make something same thickness in stainless and for that price then I take my hat off for you. And most Chinese manifolds we have had put on cars don't line up with the studs. Each rb manifold we supply are pre fitted to a head to ensure it lines up. Chinese Companys knocking out stainless shiny thin manifolds don't Just because they have nicer looking welds that doesnt mean it will perform better it may look good but give it a couple months and it will crack, and that's speaking from experience and seeing what people have bought to us, we can't force you to buy our product but we don't make much out of what we do we are trying to get our name out there and like a decent company we try to take what people say to improve our product

Your product seems like good value to me , there's always going to be some trade off between price and quality, function before form is a good thing imo . Who buys a performance product to look pretty!