SAU Community

Swap N1 R34 Gtr For R35 + $$

essay

ask Bobby how much he had his advertised on ebay for lol

($1M - im sure he didnt sell it for that much though)

Luckily, I believe eBay have a cap on the final value / listing fee for vehicles.

Otherwise, that would have been an expensive bill.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

For a quarter of a mill thats still represents good value for money for a super car imo. Would still beat a lot of cars today. I wonder if the owners drive them much or if they have them as a collectors and keep them in storage.

well theres only 19 of them so i'd be pretty careful. Its rarer than a lot of higher-end hypercars that cost many times the cost of a Z-tune (AM One-77 springs to mind).

I know in Japan you sometimes see one at those Daikoku Futo meets so they do get driven, but imagine if you owned a car that was 1 of 19 in the existence. you certainly wouldn't drive it everyday. i might make an early morning breakfast run on the sunday though.

Just saying...

But let say if a Nismo Z-Tune did go for a 'Super Car' Price... I still couldn't justify it.

Sure, you'd own 1 out of the 20 that were built but if you take a look at the car, Nismo just made it special from a handful of 2nd hand V-Spec's.

I am aware that an extensive amount of work went into building the Nismo Z-Tunes which has Super Car performance.

My point is, if you had the cash, you'd buy a Base model R34 GTR and work / customise to how you'd want it and still have Super Car performance.

In having said all that, no doubt, I would still own a Z-Tune :)

But your super car performance base model R34 GTR would not hold the same value as a ztune, not even close.

Clear examples going through the for sale section here, cars with 100K+ work, sell for less than 100K.

I should add that a lot of these cars that are built, are faster than the ztune in at least one way or another.

Most of the people who can afford a ztune, aren't buying it to be able to drive it around the track.

Well thats what I believe.

But your super car performance base model R34 GTR would not hold the same value as a ztune, not even close.

Nismo Z-Tune only holds a higher value because of what Nismo did to it.

Clear examples going through the for sale section here, cars with 100K+ work, sell for less than 100K.

I should add that a lot of these cars that are built, are faster than the ztune in at least one way or another.

So would you pay for performance or for 'name' sake..?

Most of the people who can afford a ztune, aren't buying it to be able to drive it around the track.

Well thats what I believe.

Garage queen? :laugh:

Imaging owning a car thats only going to appreciate in value thats win win. You ever need to sell your worked up vspec you will never get your money back. At least with a z tune you can enjoy super car performance and at a minimum break even if your unlucky enough to sell it.

If I had one the most driving it would do is an occasional late night drive and a track day here and there to really enjoy the performance of it

When Powerplayimports was selling the Z-Tune (at the same time as the Chassis 4 GIO godzilla) it was going for any bids above $150K

Of course, it's value has gone north by 65%

Nismo Z-Tune only holds a higher value because of what Nismo did to it.

So would you pay for performance or for 'name' sake..?

Garage queen? :laugh:

Yeah, thats the truth. Only cause Nismo touched it thoroughly that it is worth so much.

A car with performance and has the ability to appreciate is a win for me. So in this case, the car does perform and has a name and the added bonus of appreciating value.

Garage queen, in a lot of ways yes.

But I reckon a ztune with 200000km would still be worth a lot haha.

Terry, how long ago was this? Just trying to scope a timeline for the 65% appreciation.