SAU Community

Swap N1 R34 Gtr For R35 + $$

essay

The N1 that is the topic of this thread is actually rarer than the Z-Tune, in numbers terms ;)

Value wise, 150-200? No idea, just guessing.

Forget the Z-tune - lets start talking about the KPGC10 coupes - how many of them are in Oz, and how much would they be going for?

Hmms.. interesting comparison.

But weren't they at the plenty back in the day?

well theres only 19 of them so i'd be pretty careful. Its rarer than a lot of higher-end hypercars that cost many times the cost of a Z-tune (AM One-77 springs to mind).

I know in Japan you sometimes see one at those Daikoku Futo meets so they do get driven, but imagine if you owned a car that was 1 of 19 in the existence. you certainly wouldn't drive it everyday. i might make an early morning breakfast run on the sunday though.

Understand what your trying to say...but at the end of the day your trying to compare a nissan (yes a very very good one), with an aston martin which is a luxury car. The DBS is worth well over $500k starting price. The GTR new is say 170k starting point.

Your trying to compare an apple with a hand made chocolate covered strawberry here lol

• 2 weeks later...

whats the deal wiith the N1's.

My sources say there were 45 made. This right?

If so,how is this rarer than the 19 Z tunes?

thats what i wondered about. The only thing I can think of is that there's not 45 *road-going* N1's still around as some of them were sold to Japanese tuning houses who turned them into dedicated track cars.

But i still thought the Z-tune was the pinnacle 34. Then the N1, then the M-spec Nurs, V-spec Nurs, etc.

Follow up question: What was the R-tune/S-tune? Never been able to find much info on them. Were they customer cars that Omori tuned right or were they sold from production?

thats what i wondered about. The only thing I can think of is that there's not 45 *road-going* N1's still around as some of them were sold to Japanese tuning houses who turned them into dedicated track cars.

But i still thought the Z-tune was the pinnacle 34. Then the N1, then the M-spec Nurs, V-spec Nurs, etc.

Follow up question: What was the R-tune/S-tune? Never been able to find much info on them. Were they customer cars that Omori tuned right or were they sold from production?

Ye makes sence but, realistically its not like they were all totalled.

Also failed to find out info on R tune/S tune,but from my understanding you sent your GTR to nismo and they fitted s/r tune parts to your car.

I believe what Mr Chef is talking about is the actual model. The magic number of VSpec II N1 cars is 18. Thus making it rarer, ever so slightly, than z tunes.

V-Spec II N1 -18x

V-Spec N1 - 45x

...of which more than 25 we're taken by Nismo, Calsonic, HKS & Mine's etc, who added their own livery on a clean white N1 palette

+1 ...help us out Chef

There is a guy here in Melbourne with an s tune gtr. Gets it serviced at chasers and has had a few offers around the 110k mark.

My understanding is you went to Omori with your gtr and they had different performance packages that you can buy from them.

Ive got some photos of the car on my phone that i haven't uploaded yet but heres a fb link and if you scroll down a bit you will find his car

http://www.facebook.com/AutoDisegno

More so of what they are rather then how many built.

They came factory with a N1 Engine.

N1Twin Turbos (Steel internal ball bearing)

N1 cylinder block (Reinforced with larger cooling channels)

N1 pistons

N1 piston rings

N1 Con-rods

N1 oil pump

N1 water pump

N1 exhaust manifold

Cam shafts are further balanced (From memory)

Sold with no A/C, Radio / CD Player / Rear Wiper / Boot Carpet

A Race Prep Street Car.

Ye makes sence but, realistically its not like they were all totalled.

Also failed to find out info on R tune/S tune,but from my understanding you sent your GTR to nismo and they fitted s/r tune parts to your car.

That is correct, Nismo S and R Tunes are up to the decision of the customer.

In the past there was:

- Nismo Sports Resetting

- Nismo S-Tune S1

- Nismo R-Tune R1

- Nismo F-Sport GT

Now there is:

- Nismo Sports Resetting

- Nismo S2

- Nismo R2

^^ kk thanks

There is a guy here in Melbourne with an s tune gtr. Gets it serviced at chasers and has had a few offers around the 110k mark.

My understanding is you went to Omori with your gtr and they had different performance packages that you can buy from them.

Ive got some photos of the car on my phone that i haven't uploaded yet but heres a fb link and if you scroll down a bit you will find his car

http://www.facebook.com/AutoDisegno

for reference

545857_354754844578724_1141305108_n.jpg

545857_354754837912058_545784673_n.jpg

That pic just helped me make the decision to put Nismo stripes on....

To answer the questions about Nismo R1/R-tune, the short answer is Nismo never actually stuck to their own rules, so every car is basically different, based on what the owner asked for. There were package deals referred to as R1 and S1 that matched the R1 and S1 engine conversions, but even those didn't offer the full list of parts available. I've still never managed to extract any more information from them about my car other than the conversion was done at Omori. They just never bothered keeping records on it.

For reference, mine has an R1 engine, S-tune suspension, and a whole swag of other bits and pieces. The only other R1/N1 combo in existence resides in Europe somewhere.

Just to clarify on the VSpec N1s, 45 were built, 12 of those were sent straight to the track for racing. Of the remaining 33, most were sent to workshops for modification, and most of those ended up back on the track too. The Mines R34 GTR was an N1, for example. TRIAL Osaka also had one for a while.

VSpec II N1s were built in small batches to-order, usually in groups of 3 or five, and were more expensive than all GTRs until the Nurs arrived. A Japanese encyclopedia on R34s puts the total number at 18, which I'm presuming they arrived at by trawling FAST.