SAU Community

V35 Bcm

I have a 2002 V35 gt8 with a fried BCM, when ignition on no headlights or wipers, when ignition off and car locked wipers working and headlight flickering.

Have obtained a new BCM from Nissan but after booking in to get it fitted (waiting a week), and a couple of hours in their service bay to be told that "we can't program it".rant.gif

Contacted another Nissan dealership to be told "We dont do a lot of imports and were not setup to do that sort of thing"

My question is, has anyone had to program one, if you were successful, who and where?cheers.gif

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/bcs.pdf

FSM for a 2003 G35 Sedan- Body Control systems

I know its not your car, but might help somewhat... I hate that reply from Stealerships. Couldn't see anything in there that states that it has to be programmed. Chris Rogers would be the person to go to for info. Seems to be the Guru for Nissan electrical eccentricities.

Hope it gets sorted!

Ahh- did see something- right at the end.

When replacing BCM perform initialization of NATS system and registration of all NATS ignition key IDs.

Thats the Nissan Anti theft system (NATS), and your key fobs. Should be an easy thing to do through Consult. Tell them exactly what you want at the dealership- then watch them embarrass themselves. They might get it right too.

They don't want to listen to what I say, they know best, thats why the have that logo out the front, which also matches the one on their shirt.

I have already embarrassed the service manager there already when I took my car down their to get the consult put on it to test the BCM. He didn't want to do it saying that "I don't want to hook it up for half an hour and have to charge you $50 and have no result"

He eventually conceded and hooked it up, when returning the car to me with the printout, showing a fault in the ABS that cleared straight away and one in the TCU which wouldn't clear, I asked how much, he replied "don't worry about it" choking on humble piesick.gif.

Fault with TCU was a brake switch fault. Nissan response "we don't know where that is, on the outside, on the inside, we have no manual"

Contacted CVT.CO.NZ and the first line that I got back in response was "They don't know what the are doing", there is no brake switch on the gearbox.whistling.gif

This is the kind of "expertise" I have to deal with when I go near the place, they get upset when you tell them they are wrong, bitch up when you prove that they are wrong, then they bullsh*t you till you walk away holding your head, IN PAIN.

What Nissan dealer did u goto?

They don't want to listen to what I say, they know best, thats why the have that logo out the front, which also matches the one on their shirt.

I have already embarrassed the service manager there already when I took my car down their to get the consult put on it to test the BCM. He didn't want to do it saying that "I don't want to hook it up for half an hour and have to charge you $50 and have no result"

He eventually conceded and hooked it up, when returning the car to me with the printout, showing a fault in the ABS that cleared straight away and one in the TCU which wouldn't clear, I asked how much, he replied "don't worry about it" choking on humble piesick.gif.

Fault with TCU was a brake switch fault. Nissan response "we don't know where that is, on the outside, on the inside, we have no manual"

Contacted CVT.CO.NZ and the first line that I got back in response was "They don't know what the are doing", there is no brake switch on the gearbox.whistling.gif

This is the kind of "expertise" I have to deal with when I go near the place, they get upset when you tell them they are wrong, bitch up when you prove that they are wrong, then they bullsh*t you till you walk away holding your head, IN PAIN.

whilst I have a scan tool that can read these cars and program keys to them the main point of it is the immobiliser codes.

if you do not have those then you are wasting your money. you need to see someone with a C2, C3, carmen scan OR a launch X431 full size unit. all of them will recode the car but with out the imobiliser code you are pretty much screwed. nissan are the only ones that can do that. sending an email to nissan japan is OUT as they will refer it back to nissan oz. FTG nissan would be my pick of the dealers. they do GTR and seemed quite helpful when I took imports there for key work.

start there.

http://www.nicoclub....an/2003/bcs.pdf

FSM for a 2003 G35 Sedan- Body Control systems

I know its not your car, but might help somewhat... I hate that reply from Stealerships. Couldn't see anything in there that states that it has to be programmed. Chris Rogers would be the person to go to for info. Seems to be the Guru for Nissan electrical eccentricities.

Hope it gets sorted!

that is 'close' but not the same as the keys are different and they run an external calsonic remote fob.

The second dealer that I contacted on Saturday morning was FTG Nissan, they don't want to touch it.

I was going to ring you up today Chris, just to clarifiy what is required to be done/programmed to get it to work.

whilst I have a scan tool that can read these cars and program keys to them the main point of it is the immobiliser codes.

if you do not have those then you are wasting your money. you need to see someone with a C2, C3, carmen scan OR a launch X431 full size unit. all of them will recode the car but with out the imobiliser code you are pretty much screwed. nissan are the only ones that can do that.

So the Consult units will allow for a recode but only with an immobiliser code as well. I'm guessing what makes Nissan capable of performing it regardless is the fact that they have the immobiliser security card which does not require the original codes to allow for this. Would I be right in saying that?

So the Consult units will allow for a recode but only with an immobiliser code as well.

Correct.

I'm guessing what makes Nissan capable of performing it regardless is the fact that they have a way to derive immobiliser security card which does not require the original codes to allow for this. Would I be right in saying that?

corrected for future reading.

nissan can look up ( and they have done so for me.) the codes but they NEED the car to look it up.

finding a dealership to help isnt too bad BUT if you come across like a d1ck telling them you know everything about your car (and they know nothing ) then expect to be blown off.

not saying thats what the OP did but it does happen.

I seem to remember a key code program floating about that did the calc off a checksum. may be worth having a dig on this forum for it under spare keys.

you will STILL need a C2/C3 to do it. my diagun will program certain aspects of it but a C2/C3 is a FAR better option.

I see. I was preparing myself for the worst, thinking perhaps the Fly Company in China with their Consult 4 unit and security cards would be the failsafe for me in case if I didn't get any co-operation out of my local dealers. I did get a tiny little metal tag attached to my transponder key which has 5 digits stamped into it. After doing some reading up on NATS and the various incarnations of it, I think that could be my immobiliser code so I'm glad I made a point of keeping everything that came with my V36 recently in a safe place.

Thanks for the prompt response, as always!

• 6 months later...

gee thanks for the answer...anyway. I sorted it. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes and when i reconnected that seemed to reset the BCM. However now the air bag light is blinking again..