SAU Community

Wanting To Buy A V35

Hi,

I'm in the market for a V35 350GT. I've seen two vehicles on carsales that I'm interested in. Both have aftermarket parts (mainly body kits and rims)

I rang each seller to inquire about a time to come and view the vehicles and both chaps stated the following: 1. Am I willing to pay the $25,000 asking price. And 2. Am I serious about purchase and not just wanting a joy ride?

I find it somewhat strange seeing that each persons ad stated "Reasonable offers considered." and "ANY REASONABLE OFFER IS CONSIDERABLE!" (sorry for the caps, its a copy/paste from the ad)

I explain to each chap 1. I am not going to commit to purchase $25,000 from a few pictures on the internet without seeing the vehicle in person first. And 2. I am 43 years old, and have owned a R32GTR, R33GTR and a Stagea 260RS. Joy ride? Hardly ...

How would their reaction be when I tell them I want the vehicle looked over by a mechanic of my choosing before purchase? I hadn't even got to that part yet ...

Each of these guys have fobbed me off since. One guy has not replied at all to my txt messages, and the other did the classic "I'll give you a call when I have time, I'm very busy atm"

I'm a little disheartened by this whole experience. My 32 was an import. My 33 was from a dealer. My 260rs was an import also, but the guys I usually dealt with are now out of the game, and carsales is the only place I've looked thus far.

Granted if I import a vehicle I cannot get it checked out first. The company can have their person go over it, and a rating is given which helps, but there's no guarantees - I've learned that over the years with the imports.

But the cars in question are only a few suburbs away. Surely they don't expect someone to commit 100% to purchase from a brief description and a few pictures on the internet do they?

Anyone got any advice on how to go about getting a V35 350GT? Find an importer? Keep trying carsales? There's not a lot to choose from that have the look I'm after unfortunately.

Your advice is muchly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

where abouts are you

http://www.carmenimp...ersonal-imports

Although I ended up purchasing locally, I had found these guys very helpfull.

Yeah Craig knows a great deal, and have been getting mine serviced by them for years but he no longer imports cars anymore. Although he is still a wealth of knowledge.

Gl0Be - what kind of look are you after in your V35? And what state you in?

Edited by Eldubb

Buy my V35, little bit more costly but worth it! http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=12140604 Negotiable on price, i'll let you inspect it and get a mechanic, although im a bit far away from you. Haha.

But seriously, I don't see the issue in wanting to see the car? Sounds like these guys are idiots and there cars must be a little beat up.

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the offer, but $25,000 is about my limit mate.

I am in Melbourne central if that helps. Sheldon your car is amazing, very much what I'd love to own. If only I had that kind of money available. Do you have lay-by? hehe :P

The kind of look I'm after, with the KenStyle body kit and rims. To me, this is a very stylish looking vehicle. Not as good as Sheldons, but for $25,000, I'd be very happy.

11m58hw.jpg

2eajxpy.jpg

Those 2 sellers are just snobs. You get many of these on Carsales, unfortunately.

Give Southern Special Vehicle (SSV) a call. They have a black V35 coupe in their yard ready to go. They are in Oakleigh if you want to go down there have a look. I bought my V35 from there and so far I'm pretty happy with it, never had problems.

There's two in sydney I know of- north shore prestige motors or gt high performance kirrawee. Have dealt with gt high performance twice. We bought a stagea and my skyline from them. I found them really nice to deal with. Not sure about north shore prestige. They both have websites just google them , they should pop up