SAU Community

Circuit Semi Slicks

Roy

I've got them on 9.5s on the rear, and wouldn't call them stretched.

265s would be better for a 10" wheel, but these are cheap and basicaly full life left in them....

If only i hadnt just purchased a house :( Ill just run the RSR and learn to drive haha

Yokie AD08R's. Anyone know anything about them?

I used them on my old green Gts-t. Managed to match my RE55 time on short track in a high powered rwd skyline so they grip like crazy for what they are (a few suspension changes at the same time so that would have helped)... Not a semi by any stretch but you wouldn't lose time a whole lot of time compared (maybe 1.5sec slower)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm going to be using the ku36 kuhmos as steer tyres on the drifter just wonderig if anyone's had experience with them, I think they are more of a sticky stret tyre than a race compound, I'm restricted to 205/50/15 in size, main reason I wanted stickier tyres on the front is to reduce understeer

Are you looking for a good street tyre, or a semi slick for circuit use. They are a good street tyre.

If you are after a semi slick the 15" rim will limit you, but it also suggests you have a light car. Look into Toyo 888 and Kumho v70a. They will be nice and cheap in those sizes too

Sorry forgot to say what car it is, it's a s13 Silvia , fully stripped and fitted with an rb25 , i can't see it weighing over 1100kg.

It's purely for drifting and I only want them on the front , was hoping that because they are a street semi they might last me longer than a race compound, also there design allows for use in damp conditions.

My main concern is weather I should have stuck to 17's and weather a 235 or 245 would have provide a lot more grip on the front , for the past year I've just been using cheap tyres like durun and sunny 235/45/17 as steer tyres, hoping that a reduction is size will balance out with the quality upgrade of tyre?

Best bang for buck Druncan ?

Haven't bought a set for a while, and last time I did the Federals were definitely the thing to have for the money. But I see Harry's warning that they have changed for the worst since.

I'd probably go Kumho V70A again, they worked well and didn't require me to sell drugs to fund them like yokos or dunlop.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...