SAU Community

Circuit Semi Slicks

Roy

The fastest car ever around Mt Cotton on R specs used RE55S WT (soft) compound. But he doesn't compete anymore. DZ03 softs seem to be almost mandatory amongst the current crop of really fast guys. Haven't seen anyone using the A050 or Hankook semis at hillclimbs yet, but they'd have to be right up there with the Dunlop.

• 1 month later...

Interesting, I'm going to be in need of something suitable for sprints and hill climbs not too far down the track, Z221 softs and AO50's arnt the easiest to get hold of not to mention at a good price. What sort of coin did they set you back matey? And where from

Edited by Mr. Untouchable

I got them through the NSW club - NTW has a great deal going for members

They did help me out on price, I would expect retail on the softs to be around 300 in 235/4517 and hards 350-400.

Roy what were you quoted for a full set, about 1600?

I have just gone for the most common sizes for those running 17s and 18s. May change it to 235/17s and 265/18s in the lowest profile possible. Have made so many phone calls and emails to various suppliers I cant keep track of who does what in what profiles and sizes and compounds anymore. I

• 1 month later...

I bought a set of kumho v70a's and used them for the first time last sunday. on a cold and slippery wakefield with a bit of a shower, I still did a PB

as the track dried out I ended up going 7 tenths quicker.

so my report is...

v70a > r888

FZ201 mediums for sprints, softs are more suitable for hill climbs. Maybe not the absolute quickest but unbeatable bang for buck.