SAU Community

Circuit Semi Slicks

Roy

So I have slapped on some hard compund Hankook Ventus TD Z221 for Phillip Island. I also have a set of 295/35/18 AO50s but think I am in for all sorts of trouble to get them to fit my car.

Has anyone fitted the 295 AO50s onto a 9.5" rim ? Or do they really need a 10" rim?

The 265s are ok on 9" wheels. They sit nicer on 9.5 but fine on 9". I was kind of hoping that the 295s could squeeze on a 9.5.Have ou got any pics of the "bulge city"

Hopefully the hards last 300-400 track days :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for semis for my GTR. Essentially want something that is going to last a few track days but won't take forever to heat up. Also, the cheaper the better :)

I have yet to buy rims yet but I was looking at 18x10, so would 265/35 be the best profile? I am not finding many semis in that size. Should I look at other rim/tyre width combinations?

Need to fit V8 supercar alcons underneath.

Cheers

Looking for semis for my GTR. Essentially want something that is going to last a few track days but won't take forever to heat up. Also, the cheaper the better :)

I have yet to buy rims yet but I was looking at 18x10, so would 265/35 be the best profile? I am not finding many semis in that size. Should I look at other rim/tyre width combinations?

Need to fit V8 supercar alcons underneath.

Cheers

I'm in the same boat as you except my rims are 18x9.5. I've found a fair few tyres that would be fine but I can't afford them at the moment so I just started snapping up the used 265/35/18's off ebay.

I'm in the same boat as you except my rims are 18x9.5. I've found a fair few tyres that would be fine but I can't afford them at the moment so I just started snapping up the used 265/35/18's off ebay.

I might start off with that as I don't think I'll be getting the full potential of new semis just yet. How do you find the used tyres? What do you look for when buying them?

I have 245/35 on my 18x9.5's at them moment and they are stretched hence the step up to 265's.

I just put 265 18 into ebay or semi slick and see what comes up. I picked some up earlier this week and now i'm just waiting till some more come up at a decent price.

No clearance or rubbing issues with 295's Eric?

I have a brand new set of R888's at home in 265/35/18 but am considering snapping up a set of 295's I have access to instead, and was wondering how they would be on an 18 x 10.5 rim.

Ahem - surprised no one has snapped these up yet:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/423228-syd-28530-18-dunlop-dz03g-sparco-slalom-sl-3-racing-boot/

And I have 295 30 18 A050's on 18 x 10's. Seem just fine and fit under the guards of my 33 GTR - hint hint Fatz.

• 2 months later...

Need your opinions guys...for the same money...would you choose:

1) Toyo R888s 275/40/17

or

2) Hankook Z221 255/40/17

Tyres are going on 17x9.5" rims front and rear...are the Toyos really as bad as people make them out to be?

Night and day...Hankook are the easy winners. I ran hard compound and liked them for the few laps I have been able to do on them. Easily faster than the old hammered AO50s I had grabbed off a friends Targa car