SAU Community

Aca Forum/interview!

BRU2AL

I have to agree with Juliette, I think the danger/illegal aspect of it gives it appeal...but I also think convenience is the largest part in it. It's always going to be easier to do a burnout on the spot than plan for a DECA in two weeks and drive 3 hours to get your fix. Even if a track is free and 10 minutes away, it's still more effort than racing on the street.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ that won't work either Alvin. People don't do it to get busted. Sure they might gloat and use it as a trophy/badge of honour to their mates, but deep down nobody likes being told off, being slapped with a fine and/or losing the right to drive.

Is there a solution? No, I don't think so. We (as car lovers) have nearly all been there growing up and most people grow out of the behaviour. Some never will though.

DD days are pricey but you have some really knowledgeable teachers on hand as much as you want. DD days are really good iMO

but the WRX/SAU champ rounds are much cheaper, $160'ish - last one i went to there was plenty of track time, as much as you could handle really.

DECA's are $70, but a bit of a drive.

I think a DECA type facility closer in to the suburbs would help a bit, cheap and accessible and not 'track work'. Just go a fry some tyres if you want, be stupid. You can't really be stupid at somewhere like Sandown.

I think is what's needed to at least get some of it off the street. And then leverage off that to get people more into the 'bigger' motorsport events