SAU Community

Aca Forum/interview!

BRU2AL

Ash and birds, if you two would like to attend with me i would really appreciate it, you both have a good understanding of what needs to be said, Im 21, so you guys being older might help us get our message across much better, i have debated before with school but not with opponents trained with the ability to give answers like the ones Im expecting, im calm and not hot-headed, and nickr33 if you don't have anything positive to say, please restrain yourself from commenting stupid remarks, i didn't have to post anything here, but i chose to because i knew ash would have an input on this topic.

ash and birds if you want to attend pm me your details so we can get in touch and i can forward details to you. thanks for the input guys

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha how's that - I hadn't even read your post but PM'd you before :D

I've not had a reply to the email, not that i particularly expected on in 24hours or anything.

Oh and dw about Nick, he is a grumpy goat these days... Hell it's been years since I've even seen my once sociable mate drive his car and come out to a meet :thumbsup:

can someone tape this and chuck it on youtubes... work every Sunday :(

I'll do that for you... ...But it won't be on the SAU Vic TV channel... ...It'll be on my personal channel...

I'll PM you BRU2AL and talk to Ash about it. Even if they don't allow us to go on we can at least coach you or others on the kind of shit you can expect etc.

Offer to demonstrate to them the skill required to do a nice munji up the highway and avoid the gutters and shit

Mad respect! :laugh:

Edited by alr33x

Offer to demonstrate to them the skill required to do a nice munji up the highway and avoid the gutters and shit

Mad respect! :laugh:

LOL.

We all chip in and buy a Vn for this...

Still a bit bitter I got a defect when I went from Winton Raceway to Benalla and filled up some fuel and headed back to the track. Yes the GT wing is defectable and I was in the wrong, but I know the same police defected heaps of cars the previous weekend that Drift Matsuri was on and shown no leniency for people taking it to the track.

So in short, all the guys drifting/tracking drove over 5 hours (round trip) to do the right thing but got petty defects which could be cleared easily. My point is, if we are going to get defected for trying to do the right thing, might as well drive on the street and get done for actually doing the wrong thing.

+1

no point setting up safe days for us to drive the cars if they sit at gates defecting everyone on the way out, that's why more people don't go.

I do agree with some extent with Nick. If you're going down to "prinny" to find people for a TV forum on 'hooning' you have a pretty high chance of getting a dipshit to attend. I believe there was a riot of some sorts in the area not that long back... plus a whole host of retarded behaviour most weekends.

Our angle should be, you shouldn't paint all car enthusiasts as hoons. Just like not all bike clubs are "bike gangs", not all Muslims are Terrorists, not all herald sun readers are complete morons... actually, maybe we can use the broad brush for the last one :stupid:

So we should show there are responsible groups out there who actively promote "taking it off the street" just like the popo and government want, run charity days, actively support local businesses, etc etc.

You could then throw around a bunch of figures to sound more authoritative on the subject and perhaps point to other countries and their laws etc, that obviously have good outcomes. Ie, i don't know the specifics of Japan but might be interesting to compare their driving education, licensing, their legislatively take on 'hooning' etc.

You'd also want to push issues around driving education, the big thing. eg look at Germany and how friggen long and hard it is to get a license there.

You can be an idiot in any type of vehicle, it's attitude that counts not if you have two intake mods etc.

More motorsport facilities of course has been brought up before, but you need something to back you up. So point to things like skate parks and see if any studies have been done around why they were put in, for what purpose and what were the outcomes, less public property 'destruction', 'nusiance' etc. What made the councils put them in the first place?

Another thing i could think of was the very reasonable pitch by Driver Dynamics to try and run twilight track sessions at Sandown during daylight savings, 4:30 - 8:30 i believe, very reasonable but knocked back by council. Show that the enthusiast community is trying to make an effort.

Getting CAMS present is a great idea too.

Something i've thought of is that perhaps there should be another level of license, a performance one that allows certain cars to be driven. If you just block kids from driving certain cars, what magically happens when they turn a certain age that means they can suddenly drive a performance car? Time behind a fwd Pulsar isn't exactly the best thing for jumping to a hi-po rwd.

You can also pivot at some point if they bring up the road toll, number of young people dying etc... what are those numbers exactly? I'd hazard a guess and say a lot more young people take their own lives than die in a car crash, and probably a whole bunch of other things that rank higher, as morbid as that maybe. Why spend so much time and money on road blitzes?

Which of course leads to $$ collected by the TMU/Gov... you can allude to the 'is this just all about revenue raising?' line - show some numbers around that perhaps.

And lastly, there's the "you're always going to have dickheads" line, it's about supporting and promoting responsible groups (SAU Vic etc) and not lumping them in with all the retards.

Oh, and get Graeme to help us out - a different perspective, but a good one :)

My 2 cents so far...

^as would i. you used to be able to, (whatever happened to the +1/-1 thing?)

looks like you've got some great input and ideas. im curious to see how this goes though it does look a bit sketchy, hopefully 60M doesnt spin it on its head against us.

So was this on tonight or is it next week?

I'm guessing next week so they've got time to snip out all the positive arguments?

Did we set a date yet? :/

I'm tipping that this will be shown to put car enthusiasts in the "hoon" category. I can't see it going any other way. I have been working when the Noble Park riots happened, the Bob Jane riots occurred, attended to fatal collisions on Princes H'way and being in pursuits with cars/bikes along there also. I don't believe for a minute that any of these were caused by enthusiasts but other elements of the community that have taken an opportunity to behave in such a manner and let it be blamed on car clubs/enthusiasts.

I think that the behavior of motorist along there recently has become worse. I have cars racing past me in the marked police car whilst I have car already pulled over. Motorbikes removing plate and racing around baiting police. The last person I dealt with there had drugs and weapons in his car. I think that everyone knows what happens there on a Friday night and no real enthusiasts would attend there anyway. I don't feel sorry for anyone getting fined/NOU there as it's stupidity in my opinion to put yourself in that area during these times. I remember working a TAC shift about 12 months ago and there were about 10 cars impounded along there in space of about 4 hours one Friday night.

I know for a fact that plans are in motion which will make it much less attractive for people to be attending/loitering around princes h'way on a Friday night.

I think one of the main problems is bogans and morons doing hektik skidz then proceeding to label THEMSELVES an enthusiast or apart of a club wrecks it for those who genuinely are. As said above a "real" enthusiast wouldn't take their pride and joy out knowingly to an area/road, loiter around when it is known for hooning and law breaking, I mean I'm noone to judge who is or is not a "real/true" enthusiast but I certainly would not put myself and my car in such a situation deliberately.

I also think these people use the clubs and term enthusiast loosely and as a scape goat to justify their actions.