SAU Community

Aca Forum/interview!

BRU2AL

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But ye overall that was a really heavily edited piece.

There was actually some very very decent discussion in the room in the middle/end part of the forum. Pity NONE of that has made it to air.

The part that was edited, that has pissed me off the most, was the discussion point about doing it legally on a racetrack. The younger fellows there said they didn't really know how/where to do it (as in circuit racing). How to get involved etc. They didn't realise they could essentially do it in their cars they own right now.

To see their faces when they were told that, their reaction I believe was 100% was genuine.

I even offered to give more information about how to "get to a trackday", but of course - sensationalist media at its best.

Overall the exercise was unfortunately pointless.

Ian Luff also made a RIPPER comment about driver training, that was also edited out.

^ What I thought.

Birds would go well with her.

No, no I wouldn't. I was watching this thing from a monitor room and that woman was extremely irritating - wouldn't shut up about group membership/mentality, even for irrelevant topics, like she'd just got out of social science 101. You couldn't see it in the edited tripe, but in the real life 1.5 hour extended version she got a lot more talk time.

The old copper was a tosser too - while everyone (including the hoon kids) said they'd learnt something from the discussion, he said he hadn't learnt anything and nothing will change blah blah - fantastic attitude / contribution.

I don't know how Ash stayed quiet for as long as he did, I was raging hard in the back at some of the stupidity from both sides of the room. There were some good moments of discussion, but yeah, we all know ACA aren't interested in that stuff. What pissed me off most, is that the general theme of the forum was the right side of the room asking the kids why they did what they did, and how they could get them to change their behaviour...so the kids told them...and got shouted down for it? Joke.

To see their faces when they were told that, their reaction I believe was 100% was genuine.

I even offered to give more information about how to "get to a trackday", but of course - sensationalist media at its best.

Overall the exercise was unfortunately pointless.

Ian Luff also made a RIPPER comment about driver training, that was also edited out.

Pretty much exactly what I wanted them to show... but also exactly what I thought they wouldn't.

I was raging hard in the back

Errr, sounds dangerous!

Was about to come looking for this thread after I saw this ch9 mention this on fb. Sounds like it didnt go over well. Dont suppose anyone recorded it? Do they run repeats of the news later at night?(forgive my ignorance)

Edit: http://www.aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8479514/cops-v-hoons

Cheers for the link,

A waste of 10 minutes of my life, a bunch of morons If you ask me... found it pretty funny how some people are so simple/retarded.

the blonde on the left of the "hoon" side was alright as well.

there was another pretty girl on the Ash's side... just curious was she there as an involved party, ie lost a friend/relative etc - or was there some crowd filling going on... "for TV" purposes?

The females I remember from Ash's side were the psychologist woman, and some girl who had lost her brother to some hoon accident. Also shat me up the wall because, again, she was there only to blame the kids on the left hand side for her brother "not being here today".

and some girl who had lost her brother to some hoon accident.

i'm talking about the blonde girl in the back-row on the non-hoon side... just wondering if it was usual rubbish TV producing to put her there (in the context of having someone in the "forum" who was there for no other reason than aesthetics)... then again, we didn't hear from a lot of people so maybe she was there legitimately.

Ohhhhh hahaha she was classic. Lied through her perfectly white teeth. She's a mutton-dressed-as-lamb ACA reporter - they must have cut out her part in editing, where she sobbed in the most melodramatic fashion, recounting her traumatic experience of hoons on Prinny Hwy harassing and threatening her and her camera crew.

Ash and I met her before the show, she was nice, but turn your back and there'd be a knife in it haha...that's the impression I got. Should have seen the look on her face when we asked her if there was going to be any legal car action shown during the night. We were about to leave until she brought in Luff and that host guy to convince us to stay. Should have just left.

now i have to watch the stupid thing again just to see the girls you guys are referring to.

admittedly i wasnt really paying attention the first time i saw it. waaay too much fabricated bullshit in the way

i'm talking about the blonde girl in the back-row on the non-hoon side... just wondering if it was usual rubbish TV producing to put her there (in the context of having someone in the "forum" who was there for no other reason than aesthetics)... then again, we didn't hear from a lot of people so maybe she was there legitimately.

She is a reporter for ACA

What did he say?

I hope out of all that, you at least got that blondes number

Was it a prerequisite to wear a straight brim cap to get on this panel?

I bet most of those idiots drive v6 vl-vt commodores.

Ash I admire your courage participating in this. I like it how you were strategically placed on the side with respectable looking people.

Unfortunately nothing will ever change in this system. Hoons are to profitable to the government. And make for great TV for ACA and TT.

This just shows that intelligent, responsible car 'enthusiasts' are a minority and will always just be seen as HOONS.

We actually said to them "If you place us on the side with the baseball caps, we won't be doing it." But yes, I'm sure they were happy to have less normal looking people enthusiasts on the left :)