SAU Community

Engine Control Fuse Blowing?

soultz

so i was driving the other day, and the car just turned off completely out of nowhere, i checked all the normal things like spark and fuel level and all was fine...then i thought it could be a blown fuse so i had a look, surely enough it was the "engine control" fuse, i replaced it, and it blew again in 5 minutes and the car turned right off again. i replaced it again and it hasnt done it till today again...just then i was driving home and the car turned off whilst i was going up a hill fml :( can anoyone help me with what this could be? heres a photo of what keeps blowing

r33s2fusebox.jpg

Don't bother with piggyback's. Just get another stock ECU, R33 ECU's can't be Nistune'd so demand isn't very high so should be cheap to replace. If you ever did go Nistune you would need a Z32 ECU (VCT support) or a RB20 ECU (no VCT support) anyway.

I wouldn't go ahead and put a PFC in just incase what fried that ECU might fry another, until I was sure it was the ECU that was faulty and not something else electrical that caused it (water etc).

hey guys!

i got a r33 gts-t ecu today, i opened it up and it looks different to my old one...my old one had 1 level of pcb board and thats it, this new one has the same bottom but theres a second level of board, is that ok? why didnt mine have it before?

WP_000474.jpg