SAU Community

Colds N Flu

GTR-N1

Don't believe in flu shots...

I've had flu maybe twice in my life. I'll take that over being given it intentionally for a two day spill of feeling shit every year. Not as if you can't catch another strain anyway!

I'm off antibiotics too...have never taken them until the past year and on both occasions they've left me worse than the ailments they were meant to speed up the recovery of.

Question (this may have been answered somewhere along the line) but it's come time for our office to have flu shots. I am not going to get it this year on the basis that the last 4-5 years I've got the jab, then fallen ill only a few days after. Sometimes just for a few days others I have been confined to bed for at least a week.

Why is this? I eat very well, lots of exercise. Fwiw I even had a cold a few years ago, went for the flu jab, told the lady I already have a cold.. She said I would be fine (bitch won me over with a red lollipop (red is the best)) but yet a day or so later I felt 100billionty times worse

I had acupuncture years ago but I ended up vomiting quite badly from it.

As for vitamin c I would have thought 2 oranges a day plus having fresh chilli a few nights a week would take care of that

Ok so you get sick from vaccines & you get sick from acupuncture...

Does the thought of needles make you feel shitty then?

I'm probably joining the wrong dots hehe...

I has flu today, always starts of feeling like hayfever, but ends up being flu...

Oh well.good excuse to laze around and watch movies all.day

As for antibiotics, they work for me, bit need big doses...do leave me feeling a little crappy though

I had acupuncture years ago but I ended up vomiting quite badly from it.

As for vitamin c I would have thought 2 oranges a day plus having fresh chilli a few nights a week would take care of that

Have you only had acupuncture that one time? Perhaps it was just that practitioner that may have done something a little 'off'... maybe try a different place and see how you go?

To get a decent amount of Vitamin C (2000mg+ a day), you'd have to eat 20 oranges a day. A large one, about 3 1/2 inches across, only has around 100mg vitamin C. Chilli is awesome! Anti-oxidants are so good for you. Try getting a couple of smaller ones (they're the hotter ones), slicing them up really fine, and then combining with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Drizzle on baked potato, grilled meats, roasted vegetables. Yum! If you can handle the heat, leave the seeds :)

Don't believe in flu shots...

I've had flu maybe twice in my life. I'll take that over being given it intentionally for a two day spill of feeling shit every year. Not as if you can't catch another strain anyway!

I'm off antibiotics too...have never taken them until the past year and on both occasions they've left me worse than the ailments they were meant to speed up the recovery of.

I don't believe in a lot of vaccinations. Call me a bit of a conspiracy theorist... but I've read so much and done a fair bit of research, that points to some hidden agendas with the way the world's controlling bodies operates.

I've never had a flu shot. I rarely get sick.. and if I do, it's for a day or two before it goes. And it's hardly more than a runny nose and sore throat.

Anyone tried supplementing with silver? Quite a few health benefits if the results from a Google search are anything to go by.

Have you only had acupuncture that one time? Perhaps it was just that practitioner that may have done something a little 'off'... maybe try a different place and see how you go?

To get a decent amount of Vitamin C (2000mg+ a day), you'd have to eat 20 oranges a day. A large one, about 3 1/2 inches across, only has around 100mg vitamin C. Chilli is awesome! Anti-oxidants are so good for you. Try getting a couple of smaller ones (they're the hotter ones), slicing them up really fine, and then combining with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Drizzle on baked potato, grilled meats, roasted vegetables. Yum! If you can handle the heat, leave the seeds :)

I don't believe in a lot of vaccinations. Call me a bit of a conspiracy theorist... but I've read so much and done a fair bit of research, that points to some hidden agendas with the way the world's controlling bodies operates.

I've never had a flu shot. I rarely get sick.. and if I do, it's for a day or two before it goes. And it's hardly more than a runny nose and sore throat.

Anyone tried supplementing with silver? Quite a few health benefits if the results from a Google search are anything to go by.

That was the only time I've tried it, and that was about 10 years ago now. I just felt a bit sick half way through.

Ah yeah, fair enough.. Well I guess it would be a bit much if it worked for absolutely everyone. I'd be asking questions then!

At least you have a good gauge on what does/doesn't work for you.

Hope she recovers quickly!

My grandmother (she's Polynesian) says aloe vera throat gargle (made from fresh leaves) helps to stop early signs of a cold/flu type infection. Been trying it out since early last week, once a day. Don't know if it's doing anything about being sick... but it sure does make my mouth feel interesting!

Mouth? Description?

Thanks for best wishes for Maria :)

Two of my clients have come with flu in the past week. I sent them home without charging. I don't want what they've got! I don't want to shake hands with them!

Ever been sunburnt/burnt and applied the juice from a freshly cut open aloe vera leaf? It basically forms a thin layer on the skin and gives a very... different 'feeling'.

With the throat gargle, I've yet to master the plant gel to water ratio.. So occasionally you get the same sort of "something is in my mouth" feeling. Not bad or a discomfort, just... weird. Lol.

Just did a little google search and found this... interesting! Haven't checked out too much of what is contained against scientific resources, but I can definitely say that drinking a homemade aloe vera juice/smoothie thing really does make you feel good from the inside out :)

And no problem.. Being ill is never a good thing! My girlfriend just copped a runny nose... :/*keeps distance*

I seem to be sneezing a lot lately. Must be pollen in the air.. strange for this time of year though.

• Like 1

Ever been sunburnt/burnt and applied the juice from a freshly cut open aloe vera leaf? It basically forms a thin layer on the skin and gives a very... different 'feeling'.

Yes! My family had aloe vera plants when I was growing up specifically for this purpose, natures healer

Well if it adds anything...work put on flu shots for everyone the thursday before the easter long weekend. Friday was ok, and then spent the saturday, sunday and monday bed ridden and feeling like death in general. For context I rarely get sick also, eat well, exercise regularly etc. Ruined the whole long weekend for me.

Flu shots have burned their bridge for me now; never again. I'll look back into it when I'm in my old age or I've developed a debilitating disease.

• 2 months later...